#22 | Never ✿ Connor x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: by hunbun_123

Title: "Never"

Pairing: Connor x Human!female reader

Warnings: angst / sad Connor :(

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

The station was surprisingly quiet that night.

The soft and quick tapping of her fingers on the electronic keyboard was the only thing that could be easily heard among the nice silence that lingered at the PD, not that she was aware of said fact.

Connor was sitting by her side, on his own chair, and was quietly looking at her while she finished their reports for Fowler. He had been helping her all evening since he had nothing else to do; Lieutenant Anderson wasn't at the station, and neither were most of the officers. For what seemed to be the very first time in a while, Detective (y/n) (l/n) and RK800 Connor were alone at the PD—fact that Connor absolutely loved.

It hadn't been that long since he finally realised that he was more than just a machine. He opened up his eyes and saw a whole new world full of new things—full of emotions. The moment he became a deviant he found out about a lot of things that as a machine he had not been aware of.

One of those things was his immense love for the female detective sitting right now next to him.

Love. Connor had no idea of what that word really meant until he woke up. But once he did, he discovered another whole new world again, full of colour and life. And all thanks to her; (y/n). She made him feel many things, most of them he couldn't explain or put into words. But he loved those things he felt; they made him feel alive.

He never told (y/n) anything about these newfound feelings he had discovered thanks to her; he was hesitant, unsure of the consequences that confessing his love for her could carry. He would even say he was scared. That was most probably the reason why he didn't say a word.

Instead, he kept it to himself and simply enjoyed and cherished every moment he got to spend with her.

Like when they were sent together to solve a case for the first time—since she was being trained to become a detective back then, Fowler had given her a whole new case just for her, to test her abilities out in the field. Connor was sent with her to assist her with the investigation, since a deviant was involved. With his abilities and her great skills, they both managed to solve the case within a day, impressing the whole DPD.

Or like the day he had spent with her, not solving cases but simply enjoying the nice atmosphere in the streets of Detroit during autumn. Connor remembered clearly that day; it was the day he realised he truly was a deviant. That day he saw (y/n) from a whole new perspective; not only as a friend, but possibly as a potential lover. Doubts clouded his head, but he was too lost in her beauty to even care about said doubts.