#28 | Music ✿ Simon x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: yes!

Title: "Music"

Pairing: Simon x Human!female reader

Warnings: none

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

Silence.

Nothing could be heard in that peaceful morning, but the sound of the wind howling as it flew through small holes and oxidized openings in the wrecked ship's hull. Soft whistling often accompanied by the sudden splashes of the ocean's waves breaking against the solid surface of the ship, making it sway just a tad; the motion was practically unnoticeable for those who dwelt inside.

Jericho was as calm as ever—still seemed like an old, abandoned ship that nobody wanted to even glance at. The androids that had taken refuge inside enjoyed the quietness and freedom they found in it; now they were able to appreciate how nice and precious silence could be in desperate, chaotic times.

A certain blond, soft-spoken android, however, slightly loathed the quiet atmosphere that took over the wrecked ship that morning. It wasn't that he didn't find peace in silence, but more like he had found out about something else that helped him feel as though he was completely free, and at peace—music.

For months he had been able to hear someone playing the piano from the ship, although he never knew where this someone was. They must have been really close to Jericho for him to be able to listen to every piece they played, the soft and melodic notes reaching his audio processors perfectly, without any alteration whatsoever.

Simon got accustomed to listening to this someone play the piano almost daily—and every piece he got to listen to and enjoy helped him in so many ways, more than he'd ever believe.

That morning it was different. No piano music reached his ears, no matter where he went. He strolled around the ship, from one side to the other, and explored all possible floors that it had and were accessible. But it was all in vain; whoever played the piano was not there for him at the moment. The absence of the peaceful music made Simon realise how much those melodic compositions had affected him all that time. Without the music, he felt empty inside. Like something was missing. The lack of music made him long for something he'd never known.

He had to do it.

The blue eyed android ended up making a rush decision, one that he could possibly regret in the future—he left Jericho in search of whoever gave life to those musical pieces.

Simon was aware that his model was very well-known out in the street, but that fact didn't stop him from trying to find answers to the never ending questions swarming his head. What had happened to them? Why did they stop playing? Who were they, really? How could they make him feel so alive with just some music? Were they aware of that fact? Did they know they were able to make an android feel alive?