#45 | Scared P.2 ✿ Markus x Demonstrator!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: yes!

Title: "Scared P.2"

Pairing: Markus x Demonstrator!fem!reader

Warnings: none

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

The face that took over every news channel on TV that morning was surely not known by anyone, but a few

The face that took over every news channel on TV that morning was surely not known by anyone, but a few. (y/n) was one of them.

She recognized the android talking immediately—his eyes, his voice, his determination; Markus, although with his android skin visible, spoke loud and clear on TV, sending a direct message to all humans. (y/n) watched him, listened to his speech as she sat on her kitchen, having breakfast peacefully. His message was clear; he wanted his people to be free.

And (y/n) agreed with him.

Ever since their encounter that stormy night, she'd stopped showing up at the anti-android demonstrations, altogether. Meeting him, talking to him had opened up her eyes, and now she saw androids differently; they were not just machines, they were a people. She wanted to help them achieve their goals, they deserved better.

But she was scared.

· · ━━━━━━ ·⥁· ━━━━━━ · ·

Around noon, she had already made a decision.

The tension in the air was tangible after Markus' speech on TV. (y/n) saw it clearly, how humans barely spared glances at CyberLife's stores and others' androids while walking down the street. It didn't help that the anti-android demonstrators seemed to have increased their activity, and more riots against CyberLife's unique creations took place.

(y/n) sauntered back to the place she had met Markus for the first time, ignoring as best as she could the demonstrators screaming their lungs out. There were so many demonstrators out in the streets, she felt overwhelmed by the sheer tension their presence caused; she tugged her hood further down, concealing her face as best as she could. She was so scared—she didn't allow herself to even think of what could happen to her if her previous demonstrator colleagues ever found out she had changed sides.

After leaving behind the very center of Detroit, she finally made it to her destination. That part of town seemed more tranquil than the rest of Detroit, which (y/n) appreciated. She stopped her stroll close to Ferndale's train station, and sat on a bench, almost out of breath.

A few pedestrians walked by, some domestic androids followed them—their owners. (y/n) felt safe enough to pull the hood back, and allowed the rays of the morning sun to grace her face. For a moment, a short one at that, it was peaceful—almost too peaceful. She welcomed the ephemeral moment of relief with delight, nonetheless.