#55 | Hidden Feelings ✿ RK900 x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: yes!

Title: "Hidden Feelings"

Pairing: RK900 x Female Reader

Warnings: none (I believe)

Note: RK900's name for this one-shot will be Conan.

✿ ✿ ✿

It had been way too long since Detective (l/n) had the chance to sit on her porch, peacefully, with no need to rush in any way to get any work done

It had been way too long since Detective (l/n) had the chance to sit on her porch, peacefully, with no need to rush in any way to get any work done. Had it not been for her being shot in the shoulder, she would not be enjoying the early morning sun-rays right now as she was—she found the thought somewhat ironic, but smiled nonetheless at the chance given.

She readjusted her posture on the chair, sighing in content once she found a better, comfier position. Ignoring the slight pain that still lingered on her injured shoulder, (y/n) darted her gaze downwards to her faithful pet; Gizmo, a Harlequin Great Dane that surely seemed to be enjoying his owner's unusual presence at home that morning more than anything. He'd lain down by her chair, close enough so that he could place his heavy head on top of her feet. She smiled as Gizmo let out a soft snore just then.

Moments like this were rare, especially when she lived a life as hectic as hers—as a detective, she barely had time to stop and admire the world around her. She was always busy worrying about the safety of all Detroit's civilians, and always chasing the bad guys, no moment of peace given at all.

(y/n) had to admit that getting shot whilst working on a case had its perks—not minding the fact that she could barely move her arm, she did quite enjoy the whole month she'd been granted to fully recover from her wound. She needed a break, indeed.

And so she closed her eyes, letting her head loll back slightly against the back of the chair, and sighed in content again. At this moment, she was happy with just listening to the birds' chirping, and the ever random snore Gizmo let out as he napped by her feet. For an ephemeral moment she dared think, nothing or anyone could ever bother her, no matter what happened. It was just her, Gizmo, and the tranquil, quiet world around her.

But, of course, nothing good lasts forever.

The nice quiet had to be interrupted somehow, though at first (y/n) didn't react at all; the soft sound of an automated taxi stopping right in front of her house cut short the peacefulness of it all, but only for a few seconds.

(y/n) opened her eyes slowly, lazily, and saw the vehicle, yet didn't bother keeping them open for more than two or three seconds; she expected it to be one of her neighbours that had just arrived at their house. However, much to her dismay, being a detective made her always stay alert; and so she couldn't help but stay attentive, and focused on listening to the sounds that followed as she closed her eyes—she heard the door of the car open, and close; then, steady and determined footsteps approached her sitting figure, as the soft whoosh of the automated taxi leaving allowed the quietness from before to come back, and settle completely once the steps stopped.