#13 | Love ✿ Markus x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: by MaddysonPotts123 

Title: "Love"

Pairing: Markus x Human!female reader

Warnings: swearing

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

After the Android Revolution, life in Detroit slowly went back to normal.

Humans and androids shared jobs, shared houses, and shared lives without conflict; it was like it used to be, but better for androids as they now had rights, and they were finally accepted as a new intelligent species. There still were things that needed to change, but the most important had already been done. Changes had already been made.

The anti-android demonstrations still remained. Not many people participated in these demonstrations anymore, but there still were a few that refused to accept androids as living beings or as a people. And those who hated androids so much could never understand how a human could even dare love an android, let alone date one. Stubborn, judgemental and close minded humans that never accepted androids in the first place would never accept that humans and androids could fall in love.

And it was precisely a whole group of anti-android demonstrators who made Markus' life change drastically in just a few seconds—by sending the love of his life to the hospital in critical conditions.

What seemed to have been an unfortunate motorcycle accident was in reality a cruel and clear attempt at murdering both him and his lover—a human. (y/n); the only human that'd had the guts to stand with him in front of the military during the android's freedom march. The only human that had been accepted inside Jericho and had helped countless of androids during those hard times whilst fighting for their rights and freedom.

Guilt and remorse conquered his body, almost sending his software and wiring haywire as he covered his face with his hands, silent tears still falling from his eyes. He allowed his processors to once again replay the moment of the accident inside his head, as he wasn't able to do anything else other than to drown himself in his current predominant emotions—besides guilt and remorse, there was also anger burning up his insides.

He blamed himself partially for it all. If he hadn't insisted on going on that motorcycle ride, (y/n) would have never ended up in the hospital. All he wanted was to have some time alone with her, doing something they had never done before. If he hadn't decided to go through that busy part of town, the demonstrators would have never seen them. All he wanted was to have fun with her, make her giggle and shriek while she held tightly onto him and felt the wind caressing her face as they went around in the motorcycle. If he had known better, none of that would have ever happened... at all—the rocks being thrown by the anti-android demonstrators, one of them getting stuck in the front wheel, making Markus swirl abruptly.