#39 | 'Ohana ✿ Gavin Reed x Android!reader ['Friend' P.3]

✿ ✿ ✿

Title: "'Ohana" ['Friend' P.3]

Pairing: Gavin Reed x Android!fem!reader

Warnings: swearing

Note: the gif below is from a random tumblr acc, but the pic/art is from same-side.tumblr.com!

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

It all felt so real.

He was back in that decrepit building, holding his bleeding shoulder as he tried to find the way to reach the second floor. Even through the pain he felt shooting up his shoulder and chest from the bullet wound, he still had the strength to aim his gun as he found the staircase and climbed up the steps, careful not to bring unwanted attention to himself.

He knew it was a dream—a nightmare—but he couldn't wake up.

The plan had been to sneak inside the building, catch the red ice dealers and get out, safe and sound. Looking back to it, Gavin wasn't sure where the plan had gone wrong. Everything happened so fast; two officers injured, an android destroyed, a police car blown up—only after analysing the situation over and over did Gavin realise the dealers had been waiting for them.

He knew it was another nightmare, the exact same as the previous ones.

Backup had been called, his colleagues had been pulled out of the house to ensure that they lived, and they left the dead android where it fell. Gavin would've left the house after that if it wasn't because (y/n) was still in there, somewhere. Having witnessed how those people disabled the other android within minutes, Gavin feared for his partner's life.

He knew what was about to happen.

Climbing up the creaking stairs, Gavin aimed the gun instinctively at the sound of gunshots coming from somewhere on that floor. Flashes of light illuminated part of the hallway for a second after each shot; five shots he counted. After the last one, he heard a loud thump. And then, silence.

  He knew he couldn't do anything.  

He rushed into the hallway without thinking about it twice, and entered a big room to the right; the sight was breath-taking, not in a good sense—stains of red and blue smeared on the walls and floor, accompanied by three bodies, two males and... one female. Only she was the one moving slightly, more like twitching as she reached a trembling hand up to grab her abdomen.

Gavin holstered his gun as he rushed to the android's side, ignoring completely the sharp shot of pain in his shoulder that almost clouded his senses. He took her hand away, and noticed immediately the 9mm bullet embedded in her plastic heart, plus the other two in her torso. A small hole right below her ribs allowed him to see the pump regulator beating fast, flashing red—just like her LED.