#46 | Bad Habits ✿ Gavin Reed x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Title: "Bad Habits"

Pairing: Gavin Reed x Human!Fem!reader

Warnings: swearing (and smacking!)

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

"Phcking hell

"Phcking hell..."

The tablet resting atop the wooden desk shone bright in the dimly lit room, lighting up Gavin's scrunched up visage with a soft whitish hue. The man glared at the device as he scrolled down, dark green colored orbs analyzed the information displayed on the screen quickly. He sniffed, and grunted something unintelligible at the tickling sensation in his scarred nose.

Not even sick—with a stuffed nose, random coughing fits that sounded like he was coughing up a lung, and a sore throat—was Gavin Reed able to avoid filling police reports, neither when he had to stay at home because of it.

The detective slouched back on his chair, huffing to himself as he finished yet another report. There were three more, but he couldn't be bothered to finish them right at this moment.

"Phck 'em; I'm done." He grumbled out as he turned off the tablet.

Gavin allowed a heavy sigh to slip past his lips as he sat up on the chair—said sigh caused a tickling sensation to run along his throat, which made him start coughing. His lungs felt like they were on fire as the coughing fit went on for a full minute; so did his throat afterwards.

"Phck!"

To say that he was frustrated was an understatement.

As he moved to stand up from his chair, he felt something hitting him in the back of his head—softly, but harshly. He yelped, and remained sitting on the chair as he glanced up with narrowed eyes.

A bowl of steaming chicken soup appeared right in front of his face, and the sight made him grin. "You done with the reports?" He looked up from the bowl to meet his girlfriend's inquisitive gaze. A slight smirk tugged at her lips. "You ain't having any of this," she motioned at the bowl, "unless you've finished them all."

"I'm done," the lie came out of his mouth much quicker than he expected it. He thought it wasn't exactly a lie, since there had been over 15 reports, and now just three remained unfinished.

The suspicious look she gave him made him immediately know she didn't buy his lie, yet she let it slide, much to his relief. "Come on, then." She shook her head, rolling her eyes, but a smile still formed on her lips.

Gavin internally cheered as he stood up, and gladly followed her out of his small office, and to the living room.

One of the many perks of being sick was that he got to stay home all day, doing nothing—or almost nothing. Another one of those perks was that he had his girlfriend's attention all to himself. And cuddling with his cat while napping was definitely included on the list.