#51 | Protection ✿ Connor x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: yes!

Title: "Protection"

Pairing: Connor x Human!Fem!reader

Warnings: swearing

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

What had been deemed as an easy case, in-and-out, a simple drug bust had turned out to be one of the most dangerous missions Connor had ever taken part of

The RK800 ducked under a worn-out couch, flinching as two or three bullets flew right over his head as he went down, hitting the wall behind him with a splintering noise.

"Suspects are heavily armed! Take cover!"

Never had his pump regulator beaten so fast in his short time alive until this very moment. All they had done was enter the complex; the place appeared empty, until bullets began to rain upon them. With one quick glance behind him, Connor saw three dark holes with splinters all around them, one bullet inside each of them, deep embedded into the wooden wall.

"Requesting back-up now! We can't hold them on our own!"

Connor had been completely aware of how dangerous this case could get. He considered it another case to solve, another mission to accomplish, no matter what—he'd been especially designed to work like this. The RK800 wasn't afraid of dying, knowing he'd come back again, fixed, repaired; perks of being an android.

But even he had to admit he'd been taken by surprise—he would've never expected to find the drug dealers inside that house, fully armed, and ready to attack like they did.

"WE NEED THE SWAT, DAMN IT! They're too many!"

Nothing but chaos reigned in that abandoned apartment complex then; gunshots constantly echoed on the walls, accompanied by the frantic shouting from police officers taking cover. Connor could see all six officers that had come to the house with him; Chris Miller was one of them, and had taken cover right next to him while readying his own pistol. He said something, more like screamed, but Connor didn't understand him, or didn't really focus on the officer at all.

He only heard the words that were spoken through the radio strapped to his right shoulder.

"Lieutenant Anderson and Detective (l/n) are on their way with the SWAT team! ETA 5 minutes!"

For an ephemeral moment, his whole system seemed to have shut down.

That same morning, after he'd been assigned this case, Connor had decided to not tell his two partners about it. Although he hadn't considered it dangerous at all, the android had felt the need to keep the two people he cared for the most safe, and never once did he mention anything about this case. Knowing that Hank and (y/n) were safe back at the station was all that mattered to him.