#2 | Protector ✿ Kara x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿  

Title: "Protector"

Pairing: Kara x Human!female reader

Warnings: swearing and mention of domestic violence

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

The bus ride to the store was peaceful, but not enjoyable.

(y/n) fidgeted with the edge of her jacket nervously, her bottom lip pinned between her teeth almost constantly as her (e/c) eyes gazed out the bus window. She watched the stores and buildings pass by quickly, it all became a mere blurry image that (y/n) really wasn't paying attention to, as her mind was somewhere else entirely. She only came back to reality once she noticed the bus stopping right by the store she had to go to.

Quickly, she stood up and stepped out of the bus. Her eyes quickly fell upon the shop window right in front of her—the store wasn't crowded, which she was thankful for. (y/n) took a deep breath before she let it out in a heavy sigh, and slowly made her way inside the shop. Immediately she noticed the androids working there talking to some customers, and one single human standing by the counter.

"Hello?" (y/n) approached the man at the counter, unsure—her voice quavered a little as she spoke.

The man looked up at her and smiled politely, but even with that kind gesture (y/n) couldn't shake off her nervousness. "How can I help you?"

"Uh... I'm here to pick up the, uh... The AX400 Android that you had to repair...?" (y/n) nervously bit her bottom lip. "My father, Todd, brought it here two weeks ago." She added.

The man quickly nodded his head, and his eyes had a hint of realisation in them. "Ah! I remember. It's right over here." He said and motioned (y/n) to follow him.

(y/n) sighed quietly again, and almost instantly she saw the android she was in the store for in the first place—standing right there, on a small platform, smiling as though nothing had ever happened.

(y/n) approached the android slowly, and she couldn't help but look at it sadly. Memories flooded her head in seconds, every single thing that had happened no longer than two weeks earlier replayed in her head quickly. A shiver ran down her spine as she remembered how her own father had destroyed their house android in a fit of rage.

"It was a bit difficult getting it back in working order. It was really messed up... What did your father say happened to it again?" the man asked, frowning.

(y/n) snapped out of her train of thought and glanced at the man nervously. "Oh, uh... A car hit it." She quickly said, shrugging her shoulders. "Stupid accident, that's all."