#33 | Jealousy P.2 ✿ RK800/RK900 Connor(s) x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Title: "Jealousy P.2"

Pairing: RK800 Connor/RK900 Connor x Human!female reader

Warnings: swearing

Note: do not ask for a part three, as I won't be continuing this one-shot.

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

A loud yawn erupted from her for the umpteenth time that morning as she brought both of her hands to her face and rubbed her eyes tiredly—Detective (l/n) was having a hard time keeping herself awake

And RK900 Connor noticed that immediately. He was peacefully sitting by her desk, helping her with her reports. At the fifteenth yawn she let out, the grey eyed android tilted his head and looked at her with great concern, a small frown forming in between his brows. He did a quick scan of his human companion, and didn't like the results.

"(y/n), you're sleep deprived..." he stated quietly.

(y/n) looked up at him with half-lidded eyes, propping her face up with one of her hands as with the other she waved slightly, dismissing his previous statement. "It's alright, Nines..." She mumbled, her eyes focused on the terminal in front of her again.

From the corner of her eye she was able to catch the small smile that graced the android's lips—after just a day or two of working with him, she had quickly found out that the RK900 wasn't too fond of being called by the same name as his predecessor Connor, so (y/n) thought of another name to call him instead. She wanted something short, easy to remember, and that could easily suit the upgraded version of Connor—and so, Nines was her option. The RK900 actually liked being called Nines. He never said it himself, but it was obvious he liked it, as every time she called him that way, he'd smile.

However, that small smile he had allowed to grace his lips just now only lasted a second before it faded away, and he creased his brow while he stared intently at her, shaking his head. "You can't work in this state, (y/n). I can't allow that." He insisted, placing one of his hands on top of hers softly to get her attention.

(y/n) couldn't help but smile lazily as she glanced at him once again—she loved how much Nines cared for her already. It had been almost two weeks since he had been sent to the PD to help her, and in that short amount of time she found herself quite enjoying the android's presence. They worked together every day, and she quickly warmed up to him; to the point where she called him by a nickname... And to the point where she almost forgot about the RK800.

Almost.

Connor still managed to get some time alone with her every once in a while. On more than one occasion he had admitted to her that he missed her—he missed having her by his side constantly, calming him down whenever his emotions took the best of him, or whenever he was confused or needed help understanding a particular human's behaviour. (y/n) helped him as much as she could whenever they coincided at the station, but it never was enough for poor Connor. He wanted to be with her constantly—and hated with all of his being the fact that his brother had the privilege of working with her 24/7, although he never admitted that out loud.