#25 | Home ✿ Rupert x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Title: "Home"

Pairing: Rupert x Human!female reader

Warnings: none

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

He never stopped running.

Once he made it out of the UFD building safely, Rupert ran through the still empty streets of Detroit with just one thought in mind: put as much distance between him and the deviant hunter as possible.

He ran through the surprisingly empty streets at full speed until he was completely sure nobody was following him—especially not the deviant hunter—and made a stop at a random alleyway he found. He hid behind a dumpster and sat there, on the hard ground with his back pressed against the concrete wall. His brown eyes were fixated on a graffiti that was on the wall in front of him while he focused on calming down his erratic pump regulator.

Silence enveloped him, nothing but the soft chirping of birds coming from somewhere nearby reached his audio processors. The bird sounds immediately reminded him of his apartment, his hiding spot; he knew the pigeons would stay in there, even with him being long gone. And it saddened him deeply the fact that he couldn't go back—he knew the police would be around that area, expecting him to go back to hide in there. He couldn't go back, he couldn't risk it.

He had to find a new hideaway.

Much to his dismay, the brown-haired android was forced to think of new places that would serve him as hiding spots. He thought of finding a new abandoned apartment complex, but it would probably take him a long time to find one where he could feel safe. He also thought of finding Jericho; the only place safe for androids. That seemingly was his only option at the moment.

Rupert darted his eyes away from the wall and to the ground, unconsciously bringing a hand to adjust the cap on his head. His brows furrowed together in a deep frown as worry and fear conquered his system—it just dawned on him, he had nowhere to go. And with a quick glance around, he knew that alley he had taken refuge in was not a good place to stay. He had to move, but...

"Where do I go?" he murmured to himself, gazing up at the clear blue sky.

Rupert stared up at the large mass of light blue that was the sky, letting his mind wander.

He tried to think of places that he could get to and use as a hiding spot temporarily, until he was ready to join Jericho. After pondering about it for a while, the brown-haired android had reached the conclusion that Jericho was his only option if he ever wanted to survive at all.