#50 | Insight ✿ Simon x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: yes!

Title: "Insight"

Pairing: Simon x Human!Fem!reader

Warnings: none

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

She found herself questioning her actions as she unlocked the back door to the CyberLife store, with an android clinging to her side, barely able to stand at all

Up until a few moments ago, she hadn't really thought about her choices. But now, it seemed like this rather surreal situation she found herself in had finally began to dawn on her—especially as she helped the machine get inside the store, as she helped him lie down on a table, as the blue blood oozing out of his wounds soaked part of her shirt.

What had driven her to help this android, to take him to her shop to repair him—she did not know. Part of her wanted to believe she felt pity for the machine, after seeing him lying on the hard concrete, completely helpless, looking as desperate as anyone would be in similar circumstances.

No. It wasn't pity what made her approach that blond PL600 android. Something in his stunning blue eyes did—the sheer look of desperation, fear, and hopelessness, all at once. She had never looked into someone's eyes, and seen that many emotions in just one second. Never.

And never had she ever looked at an android the way she had at this particular model. No android had ever drawn her attention, really—as part of those people who neither hated nor loved androids, (y/n) had never paid attention to the machines that slowly began to crowd the city of Detroit, and beyond.

Their existence had given her the job she currently had as a mechanic at a CyberLife store, after all. Every day she saw androids left and right, but they were just mere machines to her, just a bunch of components put together to make human lives easier; machines that needed repairs, or had to be reset. And that was exactly what she did. She fixed them, reset them, and sent them back to be resold. No more, no less.

However, this android... He looked far too different from the androids she had had to repair for months on end.

And she had offered to help him, the moment she noticed his damaged legs. Out of the blue, the words had stumbled out of her mouth before she could even stop them, and had found herself staring at the android in shock, as he stared back at her in disbelief. Yet, despite his reluctance to trust her, the android had accepted her help, albeit she felt he had only done it because he knew he had no chance of surviving on his own. Trusting her seemed like his only choice at the moment.