#37 | Stay ✿ Connor x Human!Child!fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Title: "Stay"

Pairing: Connor x Human!Child!fem!reader

Warnings: swearing  [one day I'll write a Hank one-shot where (y/n) smacks Hank's head each and every time he swears. it's gonna happen.]

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

Connor stood right in front of the car wreck, eyes trained on the dead android sitting on the driver seat—a deviant

A car crash had been reported only an hour after Connor and Hank Anderson had been notified of the presence of a deviant in a grocery store. The rogue android threatened the clients and cashiers to kill an innocent little girl it had taken hostage if they didn't give it what it wanted—a car. By the time the police showed up at the store, the android had already left with a vehicle.

And the kid.

The stolen car crashed into a wall after the deviant lost control of it. The impact had been devastating, killing the android instantly.

This deviant died before Connor could get to it—for the brunet, that meant he had failed in some way. He hid the disappointment he felt, and focused on finding out as much as he could from the dead machine before it was taken away. Connor rounded the wreckage, until he stood by the trunk. He scanned the license plate quickly and knew in a second that the car belonged to a lawyer and single mother called Ann. Judging by the bloody stuffed giraffe that laid in the backseat, surrounded by broken glass, Connor knew Ann's daughter had been hurt in the collision. There was also more blood in the passenger seat, mixed with the android's blue blood.

The mother had been also in the car.

Connor and Lt. Anderson arrived at the scene after the ambulance had taken the kid to the hospital, so they never had the chance to see her. They only knew that the mother had been involved in the car crash thanks to one of the paramedics staying behind to speak to them about the two humans' condition. They were alive.

"I guess we really can't expect to get much from a dead android, huh?" Connor heard Hank mumble from behind him as the lieutenant came to stand by his side.

The RK800 shook his head, and frowned. He followed Hank as they both went to stand by the android's corpse. He scanned the android thoroughly, rapidly detected which components had been damaged in the crash. Much to his dismay, the android couldn't be reactivated for interrogation; it was too damaged.

"Can it be fixed?" Hank spoke up again, more like grumbled out as he rubbed his sore neck.

Connor looked at the man and shook his head. "No, lieutenant. It's too damaged—even if CyberLife attempted to repair it, its system and data base would be reset in the process. It'd not be of any use for us or the investigation."