#21 | Caught (Chase P.2) ✿ Connor x Android!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: popular demand!

Title: "Caught" (Chase P.2)

Pairing: Connor x Android!female reader

Warnings: triggering theme [slight mention of suicide]

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

(y/n) smiled softly at the dark, clouded sky up above, as small and cold snowflakes slowly fell down and covered everything with a thin blanket of pure white snow. Nothing but the sound of the wind interrupted the nice silence. It was peaceful and quiet that night in Detroit; at least, in that small part of town. And she loved it.

She stood by the railing, and darted her eyes down to look at the dark water reflecting the sky. The snowflakes melted into it as they landed on the liquid's surface; she noticed that, and got entranced by the simplicity of it—now, as a deviant, she noticed all these small, simple yet beautiful details she as a machine would have never noticed. The world around her was so beautiful, in a way she couldn't put into words; she wished she could have awakened sooner to notice it.

After she had successfully escaped from the deviant hunter again merely a day prior, she and Rupert found Jericho and joined Markus and the other deviants, which welcomed them both with open arms; Jericho became their new home. Yet, even when Jericho was probably the only place where she could really be free, she still risked it and went out into the city to explore, find new places and enjoy the world around her. 

Like this one place where she was at currently, where she found the peace she needed.

For some time she stayed by that railing, observing intently the water swallowing the snowflakes. Until the sound of a car engine approaching the area drew her attention immediately.

(y/n) turned quickly around and saw a car pull up close to the kids' park located not far from her current position. Loud music boomed from inside the vehicle as the driver opened the door wide and stepped out, slamming the door closed afterwards. From her spot, she could clearly see the human walking through the park until he reached a bench, and sat down on it: it was Lieutenant Hank Anderson.

The image of him hanging from that ledge back at the roof of one of the UFD buildings had been burned into her memory processor, and a pang of guilt hit her instantly as soon as she recognised the old man and the memory replayed in her head. 

She didn't like violence, she was completely against it. Hurt somebody? That she would never do. Unless her life was at stake—like when she was chased to that rooftop. And even then she wished she would've done something different, other than pushing the old man in order to escape.