#62 | Dad. ✿ Hank Anderson x Fem!Reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Title: "Dad."

Pairing: (Father/Daughter Platonic Relationship) Hank Anderson x Female Reader

Warnings: mention of alcohol consumption, Hank's Russian Roulette sessions, GSW and blood, plus a good dose of Hank Swearing™

Note: choose who you want to read about next: Connor💙 or Simon💛?

✿ ✿ ✿

Lieutenant Hank Anderson walked into the Stratford Tower that morning with heavy steps and a somber expression

Lieutenant Hank Anderson walked into the Stratford Tower that morning with heavy steps and a somber expression. Even when it had already become a routine at this point, having yet another deviancy case to investigate had him feeling a tad helpless. He'd never admit it, but having Connor investigating with him actually made it all easier—physically, Connor helped tremendously, mentally however, Hank felt exhausted.

Just attempting to even begin to understand the cause behind android deviancy made him feel as if he was slowly descending into madness. What kind of magical digital program could cause a machine to feel human emotions? What triggered this program? Was it even a program, or was it a virus?

Connor, ever the chipper android that he was, informed him that Detective [L/N] had also been assigned to the case, according to Captain Fowler. "She's already on the 79th floor, waiting for you, Lieutenant." He added with a tilt of his head.

Hank hummed, seemingly uninterested, as the elevator began its long ride up. Externally, to Connor it might've looked like Hank Anderson didn't care about much that day—or any other day, for that matter. Internally, the Lieutenant was jumping for joy.

Detective [N] [L/N] was, without a doubt, the only human in the DPD who Hank appreciated—even going as far as saying he loved her like a daughter. She had earned this old man's affection with hard work, patience, and perseverance, of course.

[N] had met him as a lone, somber man; a drunkard that loved to spend his money and time at Jimmy's bar, then took a liking to playing Russian Roulette in the kitchen of his home all night, until he sobered up enough to get up and head to the police station. The first time that she talked to him had been for a murder case they'd been assigned together, merely a month before the first deviancy case in androids showed up. He'd been watching the game at Jimmy's when she'd come in, introducing herself as his new partner, and he didn't appreciate being interrupted; he'd practically thrown a beer bottle at her in rage—he had bad aim, luckily.

They solved the aforementioned case in record time, despite everything.

The next case they worked together had made Hank realize [N] was a one-of-a-kind woman. Someone who wouldn't take crap from anybody, yet never spoke out of line—he truly admired the way she always kept that constant state of decorum and politeness whilst at the same time being brutally honest and cold, not ever leaving room for debate. It worked wonderfully in interrogations, he learned that first hand.