#31 | Friend ✿ Gavin Reed x Android!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: by Catti-Chan

Title: "Friend"

Pairing: Gavin Reed x Android!female reader

Warnings: swearing

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

 The DPD had been quiet and peaceful for most of the morning

"You gotta be phcking kidding me, Fowler!"

Said peacefulness was, however, disrupted by the sudden angered shouts coming from Captain Fowler's office, around noon; Gavin Reed's screams echoed all around the precinct, and certainly brought most of the officers' attention to the captain's office, and also the attention of a few androids... including the new and most advanced detective android sent by CyberLife that morning to the DPD.

This new android was the reason why the quietness was abruptly interrupted.

"Detective Reed, calm yourself right now!" Captain Fowler shouted back, earning a glare from the detective. "I don't care if you like androids or not; hell, I don't even like 'em but we need 'em, you understand?"

Gavin Reed stood by the captain's desk, both hands planted right atop of it. He had a constant scowl on his face, his grey eyes plagued with hatred and frustration. "I ain't working with...with that plastic prick, Fowler!" he retorted loudly as he pointed at the new android.

"Well, too bad that you gotta do it, 'cause CyberLife has been very clear about this and they want this new model working with us from now on. And you are the only detective that's been assigned a case involving a deviant recently, so that makes you the perfect candidate." Fowler said, more calmly. Although it was clear that he was still agitated by Gavin's fuming figure right across from him.

"I—" Gavin tried to retort, but Fowler cut him off immediately.

"Whether you like it or not, this android is now your partner. And not everything is so bad; the android is supposed to follow your every order, Gavin. It's not gonna slow you down or anything, unless you want it to. Now, off you go!"

Gavin sent another glare in Fowler's direction, before he slammed his fist onto the wooden surface of the table suddenly, out of rage. Without another word, the brunet exited the office, almost breaking the glass door on his way out.

Still fuming, detective Reed rushed back to his desk, where this new android model was still waiting. Gavin stopped in his tracks before he got there, and stared at the android up and down with a slight hint of disgust in his eyes. The machine simply stood there, with her hands folded behind her back whilst she glanced around the bullpen at all the other officers working.