#15 | Overprotective ✿ Simon x Male!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: by UnburnableBoi

Title: "Overprotective"

Pairing: Simon x Human!male reader

Warnings: none

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

"Please, (y/n)—we need to do this." Simon pleaded quietly, kneeling in front of (y/n) as he held his hands softly.

(y/n) sighed heavily, shaking his head. His eyes then fell upon Markus' tall figure, standing next to North and Josh not too far away from him and Simon. The three of them were patiently waiting for Simon to join them, though (y/n) could tell they were more interested in knowing what he, the only human in Jericho, thought of Markus' plan more than anything else.

(y/n) disliked his plan; it was obvious.

It had been just a few hours since Markus had found Jericho. Simon and the others welcomed him with open arms and told him what Jericho was—a safe place for androids, where they could be free. It wasn't the best of places, but it was good enough for them to find some comfort and the freedom they sought after waking up.

The blond android then introduced him to the one human accepted in Jericho, (y/n)—he used to work at one of CyberLife's stores, but quit as soon as his own android, Simon, woke up and became deviant. He realised that androids were so much more than mere machines, and understood that they could also feel human emotions. Simon becoming a deviant had opened up (y/n)'s eyes and allowed him to realise that androids deserved so much more.

As soon as he realised that, (y/n) quit working for CyberLife and focused solely on Simon and his safety. He already cared about Simon, but after the blond woke up and started feeling human emotions (y/n) just couldn't help but worry even more about him. He helped Simon as much as he could with understanding what each emotion was and meant—he helped him become human. And together, they decided they had to help those who turned deviant, like Simon.

Soon after, whilst looking for androids that needed their help, they found the boat—Jericho—and made it a safe place for the deviants that they met on their way. Most of them were completely functional, in good conditions; some got badly damaged trying to escape from their masters.

Since (y/n) had worked at a CyberLife store, he still had some spare parts that he didn't doubt on using to fix up those androids that needed repairs. But he soon ran out of spare parts and blue blood, and even if he managed to steal more from the store he had worked at, he knew it wouldn't be enough to help the androids at Jericho. There were far too many of them that needed fixing.