#16 | Smile ✿ Josh x Android!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: by septicdechart

Title: "Smile"

Pairing: Josh x Android!female reader

Warnings: none

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

The dirty and narrow hallways of the old and rusty boat were as dark as the night itself

The dirty and narrow hallways of the old and rusty boat were as dark as the night itself. (y/n) could only stumble her way forward, using her hands to feel the walls by either side of her as she guided herself towards the unknown.

When she was given the key to find Jericho, she was hoping to find a place where she could find hope and freedom. Instead, she found an old rusty boat filled with nothing but darkness and solitude—the opposite of what she was expecting to find. But she didn't give up on her search; if that boat was really the place where she could find freedom and peace, she knew that eventually she'd be able to find it.

Yet she wasn't really sure of what she was supposed to look for anymore.

(y/n) slowly walked forward; the metallic sound of her boots hitting the rusty ground of the boat echoed all around her, giving the already mysterious place an eerie aura to it. She eventually found an obstacle on her way, something that made her stop completely. Her hands immediately went to feel this object—it was a door. The wheel located at its centre was turned so the door was firmly closed.

With both hands firmly grasping the wheel, she turned it—not without effort—until the door opened with a loud clank sound. The door turned out to be heavier than she thought as she started pushing it open; the hinges were so rusty and old they barely allowed the door to move back and forth at all. But (y/n) managed to open a small gap, big enough for her to go through and reach the other side.

She stepped into a new area, just as dark as the previous one. Silence still conquered the whole place; her footsteps were the only thing that perturbed it as she walked around blindly, arms stretched forward in hopes of finding something. Anything.

Her thirium pump halted for a second as she suddenly bumped into something; her hands felt this new obstacle, and she immediately knew it wasn't something, but rather someone. Soon enough, she also was able to see small blue circles of light all around her as her sight adjusted to the darkness. Androids?

"Hello?" (y/n) spoke up quietly, too afraid of speaking out loud.

A bright beam of light suddenly appeared out of nowhere, startling her. The tall figure of an android instantly appeared in front of her, the same someone she had bumped into before. Yet this android wasn't the one holding the source of light. She spun around and looked at the device in a second: it was a flashlight. Her (e/c) eyes moved up until they met a pair of dark green eyes staring right back at her. The blue LED on their right forehead flickered a little before it stopped; it was one of her own, one of her kind—an android.