#27 | Take flight ✿ Connor x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: by JoscelynJade 

Title: "Take flight"

Pairing: Connor x Human!female reader

Warnings: mention of domestic violence/abusive home; swearing [When Hank is involved, there's always swearing.]

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

She clutched her small bag against her chest tightly, in an attempt at keeping it safe from the heavy rain that had suddenly started to fall, soaking everything that was at hand and more

Her clothes were stuck to her body, making it harder for her to run, and loose strands of (h/c) hair fell onto her eyes, making it harder for her to see. The subtle breeze that flew through town made her shiver, shake uncontrollably. The cold air against her wet skin made her feel like she was going to freeze at any moment—she could feel the little warmth she had already vanishing as more shudders shook her body.

And yet, despite the terrible weather, she did not regret her decision.

(y/n) had been running for hours, leaving behind a part of her life that she did not want to be a part of anymore. She left it behind; that life was now nothing but past memories that she intended to keep away forever—she wasn't able to forget, but she was capable of pushing those bad memories away and keep them at bay.

Now it was time to start something knew. Although she was aware that she did not start off her new life on the right foot.

The moment she felt like she couldn't run anymore, she slowed down, still holding tightly onto her bag. Her feet hurt horribly, after running for so long. As she stopped, finally, she quickly turned around and glanced behind her—almost expecting him to be right there, ready to drag her back to the life she had left behind.

But no one was there.

The street was empty, quiet except for the sounds of the constant rain hitting the pavement, the houses and the nearby bushes and parked cars. The clouds covered the whole night sky, making it look like a big mass of dark, thick mist that forbade the moon and stars from showing. Only the street lights illuminated the road, barely.

At the sight of the empty road, (y/n) sighed in relief. She glanced around slowly, at all the houses in the small area, until her gaze fell upon one certain house with the lights still on. She didn't have a watch, but she knew it was very late—probably around 3 am. She wondered who could be up and about still at that time of the night.