#26 | Partner ✿ RK900 x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Title: "Partner"

Pairing: RK900  x Human!female reader

Warnings: swearing

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

For once in a long time, the DPD was quiet and peaceful

It might've been because Gavin Reed wasn't there, causing havoc—seemed like that was the only thing the man knew how to do; he was out on a case with another officer, fortunately.

Captain Fowler was surprisingly calm while he worked in his office, barely paid attention to anything that happened outside. It just added more tranquillity to the already peaceful atmosphere at the station.

That morning, Detective (y/n) (l/n) was silently sitting by her desk, adjacent to Lieutenant Anderson's, working on some reports.

It had not been easy to earn the lieutenant's trust, but eventually she managed to make him have a soft spot for her. Especially since she visited him at his house almost every day to make sure he was alright, after she had found him in a total drunken state at a bar one random night she had gone out for a walk; he could barely stand on his own feet, let alone form a coherent sentence. Needless to say, (y/n) never expected to see her mentor in that state—ever. She made sure he got home safe and sound.

After that night, he opened up to her a little more; he accepted her company and help, and even allowed her to take the desk that was by his so they could work together.

That day, the lieutenant wasn't at the station. He had been assigned a case alongside his android partner, Connor, whereas (y/n) had not. It was just her and a couple more officers in the bullpen.

Once she finished her reports, she had nothing else to do but patiently wait for Captain Fowler to assign her a new case, which meant she had some time for herself. Days like this were not often, so she made sure she enjoyed her free time for as long as it lasted; by taking a small nap. The young detective had one of her hands holding her chin up while with the other held her coffee mug—which was almost empty—in place atop the desk. Her (e/c) eyes closed slowly and a soft sigh escaped her parted lips, welcoming the nice feeling of sleep finally taking over. Soon, she fell into a deep slumber.

· · ━━━━━━ ·⥁· ━━━━━━ · ·

Quick, determined footsteps approached her desk. They came unnoticed, as the female detective was still sleeping peacefully. By then, both of her arms were atop the desk, and her head rested on them. She failed to notice the new presence that stood next to her silently, analysing her—although it didn't stay quiet for too long.