#35 | Not Alone ✿ North&Markus x Human!Child!fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Title: "Not Alone"

Pairing: North&Markus x Human!Child!female reader

Warnings: none

Note: this isn't really a Markus x North one-shot featuring reader. It's mostly about North and reader, and then Markus is included. Of course, those of you who like shipping Markus x North can imagine this one-shot is about these two lovely androids adopting a human child as their own.

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

The amber-blonde quickly made her way back to Jericho. Scurrying through dark alleys and hiding always in the shadows the night provided, she carried two bags of supplies she managed to steal from a CyberLife store. Each bag was slung over each of her shoulders. They were heavy, but she was used to it—wouldn't be the first time she had to get supplies for her fellow androids in Jericho.

North was more focused on making it across town without being seen than on the bags themselves; she didn't notice one of them wasn't closed all the way. Walking past a dark alley, she heard something—something falling, or moving—but she decided to ignore it. She was already near Ferndale's train station, where she had met up with Markus and she didn't want to be late.

North took a few steps forward, and was about to round the corner and head straight into the station when something caught her attention. She stopped in her tracks and turned fully to face the short figure that had suddenly appeared by the alley's entrance, quiet and unexpected. North's eyes widened in both shock and surprise when the figure stepped forward and the moonlight shone upon it, revealing the sight of a cute little girl holding a bag of thirium in her tiny, dirty hands.

She looked so calm, yet North could tell this little girl was scared—or cautious.

"You dropped this," the little girl said softly, holding up the bright blue bag.

North realised then that one of the bags was slightly open. She looked down at the bag on her right shoulder, instantly saw the big opening and the other thirium bags inside it. She glanced up, met gazes with the little girl again as she approached her slowly.

"Thank you," North smiled softly as she picked up the bag from the girl's hands.

Before she could say anything else, the little girl ran off back into the alley, as quickly as she had appeared. North stood there, somewhat perplexed. The last thing North expected to find on a night out scouting for supplies was a kid—a homeless kid.

She didn't think too much of it. The girl clearly didn't have the intention of coming out again, so North didn't bother going back into the alley to see where she had gone to. She reminded herself that she had to help her people, and care for them—not for humans. With that thought in mind, she resumed her way and jogged towards the train station.