#54 | Empathy ✿ Connor x Android!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: yes!

Title: "Empathy"

Pairing: Connor RK800 x Female Android!Reader

Warnings: foul language

Note: if you find any typos, please do let me know so I can fix them! I proofread it a couple of times, but I'm really tired today and I bet I've missed or misspelled something. :')

✿ ✿ ✿

"Hey, tin can! Be useful for once and get me a coffee, will ya?"

Even an android would jump up at the sound of Detective Reed's booming voice shaking up the peacefulness that had once taken over the station. Connor had a couple of warning messages popping in the periphery of his vision, notifying him of the recent increase of his stress levels.

The RK800 halted the rapid movements of his hands flying over the digital keyboard, his brown orbs quickly darted away from the monitor's screen. The half completed report remained forgotten for the next few minutes as Connor focused his whole attention on the new android assistant working at the PD.

Said android now stood nearby Gavin's desk, with her hands clasped in front of her softly.

"Yes, detective." Her response was curt, and quick, as it should be. Connor watched her move rapidly to the break room, heeding Reed's order without dithering.

In order to improve the performance of every officer at the DPD, Captain Fowler had decided to get an android to take care of the break room—that was the reason he gave the day he introduced (y/n), the new android, to the whole department, but everyone knew this was just a new measure he added in order to control how long each officer took every time they went on a coffee break.

With this new android assistant, seldom anybody could be found lounging in the break room. All they had to do was call (y/n), and request a beverage—she would work on it immediately. No time wasted.

Connor had found this new measure quite interesting, and considered it pretty effective. Captain Fowler had certainly done a good investment.

Yet, this didn't mean (y/n) had been accepted by all officers.

True, most officers didn't even care about her, and simply called her whenever they wanted a drink. However, and not surprising at all, a certain detective seemed to have made (y/n) his new target—Gavin Reed had always treated androids like garbage, and it wasn't going to change now. But his particular hatred towards androids seemed to increase with (y/n)'s presence, and so did his rude comments. Nobody did anything to stop him—she was just a machine, after all.