#48 | Little One ✿ Chloe x GN!Child!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: yes!

Title: "Little One"

Pairing: Chloe x GN!Child!reader

Warnings: none

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

It wasn't often that Elijah Kamski left the safety and warmth of his large household

It wasn't often that Elijah Kamski left the safety and warmth of his large household. Yet, tonight, he'd done just that. And he'd taken one of his Chloe models with him.

Chloe sat comfortably on the car seat, next to Kamski, as the automated vehicle carried them through Detroit. She looked out the window, not focusing her gaze on anything in particular. She only interrupted her gazing through the window whenever Kamski spoke, whether it was to mention something about the news broadcast in the radio, or about whatever little thing came to his chaotic mind.

"Ah, it's snowing again," he smiled. Chloe glanced briefly at the man as he leaned forward, and examined the roads more thoroughly. "Detroit is especially beautiful when it snows."

"Indeed." Chloe nodded her head, definitely agreeing with her master's words.

And then, the vehicle stopped.

"Stay here, Chloe—I won't take long." Kamski ordered, before he stepped out of the car.

The blonde stayed quiet as the car door closed, and watched Kamski's figure disappear inside the nearest building. For a minute, she kept her gaze fixated on the sliding doors, which remained closed all the time. But her gaze darted to look somewhere else soon, finding more interesting how the snow began to coat every surface at hand.

Then her eyes met the sight of something she could have never expected to see, not the way she saw it—a child. Standing at the entrance of a dark alley, the kid stood alone, by the wall, kicking the snow already forming on the pavement.

Chloe scanned the little one quickly. Dressed in some tattered clothes, the kid couldn't be more than 6 or 7 years old. Their tiny arms and legs had bruises—small all of them—, and some lacerations as well, already beginning to heal. Their (h/l) (h/c) hair was messy, with strands pointing in all directions, looked strikingly unkempt. She also noticed the small dino plushie the little one was holding tightly against their chest.

The blonde tilted her head slightly, as she scanned the little kid again. She couldn't understand how a child could be wearing those old and torn clothes, and have their face and hair looking so dirty. However, only one thing made sense to her: this kid had no home. As terrible as it sounded, it was the only option Chloe could think of.