#53 | Promise ✿ Connor x Male!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: yes!

Title: "Promise"

Pairing: Connor x Human!Male!reader

Warnings: foul language (yeah, guess who? lmao)

Note: FUN FACT: this was written MONTHS ago, but I completely forgot I had it finished... oof. Anyway, it's here now!

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

Gavin Reed stormed out of the interrogation room, slamming the door closed on his way

(y/n) sighed, rolled his eyes, and stared at the detective with a slight glare as he made his way inside the adjacent room, where they all were. He ignored everyone, and stood by the wall, continuously mumbling profanities under his breath. Only after a minute of constant muttering did the detective speak up.

"Damn android won't talk!" he shouted, clearly frustrated.

Not a man made to interrogate androids, Gavin had never been able to get anything from the deviants they arrested. (y/n) knew exactly why. "Maybe if you stopped being an asshole, and treated him nicely, you could make him talk." He snapped, tired of having to deal with the same problem again, and again.

Gavin scoffed. "Him? Seriously?" The detective pushed himself off the wall, and took a few threatening steps towards (y/n). "Am I supposed to treat it like a human now? It's just a phcking useless piece of plastic!"

"Okay, that's enough!" Hank ordered, voice firm and commanding. 

Silence conquered the space, and, for once, it felt somewhat peaceful in the surveying room. The lieutenant huffed, and stood up from his seat, then proceeded to leave. A few seconds later, he stepped into the interrogation room.

"Let the old bastard do the work, huh?" (y/n) heard Gavin mutter under his breath as he moved back to lean against the wall. "Guy thinks he can get anything he wants, or somethin'?"

The sudden urge to punch Gavin in the face became almost far too hard to fight. Yet (y/n) was so used to holding back, both his emotions and actions, when it came to Gavin Reed, it hardly felt difficult anymore. Although one day he knew he would not be able to hold back—that day hell would break lose.

Instead, he stood by the wall at the back of the room, and stared at Hank trying to get something from the android; said deviant remained cuffed to the table in the middle of the room. All the lieutenant did, any questions he asked, or movements he made turned to be just fruitless attempts at extracting a confession.