#17 | Birds ✿ Rupert x Android!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: by ViccyZee

Title: "Birds"

Pairing: Rupert x Android!female reader

Warnings: none

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

Rupert observed her from a distance; his brown orbs followed every movement she made and never missed anything she did—the way she slowly scattered the bird food in front of her feet and around, and how she waited for the birds to eat it all before she proceeded to give them more, until they didn't want anymore. The animals didn't even fly away when she softly caressed their feathers with her delicate fingers.

He'd been doing that for a whole week now, observing her, ever since he found her feeding pigeons at the park he used as a shortcut to get to his apartment faster—she was just sitting there, on a bench, peacefully feeding the birds with a constant smile on her face.

That had drawn his full attention to her.

For the eighth consecutive day, the brown haired android stood by one of the benches located at the other side of the small fountain right in between them—the bench where she was sitting at was right across from him. He analysed her from afar, like every day, wondering the same thing over and over: 'who was she?'

She looked like a human; she had soft (h/l) (h/c) hair, and beautiful (e/c) eyes that combined perfectly with her nice (s/c) skin. He saw no LED on her right temple, like he had, but her obsession with the birds she had been feeding for eight days straight made Rupert suspect that she was, in fact, an android... Just like him. Although he still had his doubts. He had already seen humans feed pigeons with as much dedication as this female, which made him be in a constant state of confusion and wonder.

And today he had decided that it was about time he found out who this beautiful female was.

The moment the sun started to set, Rupert knew it was his chance: she had stood up from the bench after pushing the birds away from her gently, as though she was afraid of hurting them. And then she turned to walk away, heading straight out of the park gates.

Without a second thought, he followed her. He kept his distance, and had his brown orbs constantly trained on her—he never lost sight of her. And after around five minutes of just strolling around, she finally walked into a dark alley.

Rupert followed her still, and walked into the alley as well—but she was no longer there by the time he made it there. He stood completely still by the entrance of the alley, and only walked further inside once his thirium pump had calmed down its pace. The fact that she had disappeared completely made him feel extremely uneasy.