#42 | Catharsis ✿ Gavin Reed x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: by Xx-DarkSpade-xX

Title: "Catharsis"

Pairing: Gavin Reed x Human!fem!reader

Warnings: swearing

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

The moment she was done with every single report that had been placed on her desk, (y/n) felt like the weight of the whole world had been lifted off of her shoulders

The moment she was done with every single report that had been placed on her desk, (y/n) felt like the weight of the whole world had been lifted off of her shoulders. A tired sigh erupted from her sore form as she finally stood up from her quite uncomfortable chair, and was followed by a few quiet groans whilst she stretched her tense muscles. She hated making reports all day, yet it was the only thing she had to do—for once, the DPD had no cases, surprisingly. Yet.

(y/n) knew this seldom happened, and also knew she had to make the most of it. Her gaze soon met the sight of the break room, and, as if invisible strings were pulling her, she strolled toward it immediately, already smiling at the thought of savouring her favorite coffee for the third time that morning.

(y/n) walked in the break room quietly, and quickly noticed there was just one person there, having a coffee as well—Gavin Reed. She had seen him before, at his desk, face buried deep in reports too. Now he was sitting there; he had his eyes closed, and one of his hands propping his head up as his other hand lazily stirred his coffee with a small spoon. (y/n) saw him and couldn't resist: she had the chance, and she took it.

"REED!" she shouted, a sassy grin plastered on her face.

Gavin yelped, almost knocked his cup over with the sudden motion. His eyes opened wide as he stared first at the coffee, which he had managed to save from falling; then, he stared up at her, and only then did he relax a bit. "Phcking hell..." he muttered under his breath as he rolled his eyes. The moment he noticed it had been her the one to shout, he went back to his previous posture.

"Morning, Reed." (y/n) giggled, not able to contain her laughter.

"Phck you, (l/n)." Gavin grumbled out, but she did notice he had a smirk on his lips as he rubbed his face softly. (y/n) shook her head and resumed her way to the coffee machine.

If there ever was a thing she loved doing in her spare time, it was pissing Gavin off. She loved how his face grew red from embarrassment the moment he realised he had squealed after a scare. She'd earn a few swears in return accompanied by glares, but that was all part of the fun.

Although, that wasn't always the result—(y/n) couldn't explain why, and didn't exactly know when it had begun either, Gavin didn't get as angry at her pranks anymore; he didn't even glare at her, either. After a few days of pondering, (y/n) got to the conclusion that he had already got used to her weird actions and outbursts and scares. She still tried, though.