#56 | Mistakes ✿ Gavin Reed x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: yep!

Title: "Mistakes"

Pairing: Gavin Reed x Female Reader

Warnings: as per usual, Gavin's swearing

Note: Once again, if you see a typo, do let me know so I can correct them! Thank you! :')

✿ ✿ ✿

"Phck, phck, PHCK!"

"Phck, phck, PHCK!"

Broken ceramic pieces littered the previously clean break room's floor, added the still steaming coffee splashed around making the scene look slightly worse. The broken pieces were big enough to still make out the personalized pattern with which the mug had been decorated: a kid's drawing.

For a long, torturous minute, Gavin Reed stared at the broken container; he didn't know what to do.

He was sure the day couldn't get any worse. Not only had he already messed up a nice conversation he'd previously had with the girl he liked, he had also broken her personalized mug—mug that her 8-year-old niece had made for her, and gifted her on her birthday just a few months ago. It was no secret that Detective (l/n) loved the mug, and that thought alone had Gavin regretting his life choices. He'd made a lot of mistakes before in his life, but none of them were as bad—he just knew, he'd made a big, big mistake.

Preparing (y/n) her favorite coffee in her favorite coffee mug, and bringing it to her after a long day out on a case he thought would help her forgive him; with the mug now broken, Gavin doubted she'd talk to him ever again.

"Do you need assistance, detective?"

Upon hearing Connor's sudden inquiry, Gavin instantly snapped out of his trance. With quite surprising speed, the brunet knelt down and began gathering the broken pieces of ceramic together with a paper napkin, hoping to get them all. "Go away, tin can!" he spat, not even bothering to turn around to face the android.

Connor, however, had other plans. "Is that detective (l/n)'s coffee mug?" he questioned as he leaned forward a bit, just enough to look over Gavin's shoulder and have a small glimpse of the broken object. "Oh."

"Shut up!" Gavin quickly swept the broken pieces into a small plastic bag, not allowing Connor to comment about the incident any further—the detective dashed for the door, fast as a lightning bolt, and once again he was reminded of what an awful day he was having.

He intended to fix the mug in the privacy of his home, perhaps he could've lied a bit and tell (y/n) her mug had gone missing. Get out of the break room, gather his stuff at his desk, and run home. Simple, easy, doable. Yet luck was not on his side.