Chapter 1: She was reborn?

The weather was very nice today. . .

Perfect for a day to die.

Kim Lalisa laid in the middle of the road, staring into the sky as a pool of blood formed around her.

She wondered if anyone noticed how beautiful the sky was today, how the blue was light and dark all at once. The sky was dappled with a lot of fluffy clouds, a beauty over the dying body.

The cardboard box had tipped over, her belongings from home falling out onto the street. A picture of her mother. . . a recent newspaper about her. . .

So this was how she was going to die. The honking of cars didn't stop even with a body right in front of their path, and a small crowd was beginning to form as they whispered about her.

Lalisa couldn't hear whether they were discussing her car accident, or if they had recognized her and were talking about the fake stories Eunha had made up.

She thought about the past few years of her life, how she was hated and scolded by everyone.

None of that mattered now. Lalisa felt her consciousness slowly leave her as her vision began to get blurry.

She roughly heard the sound of a car door slam, and slow but strong footsteps getting louder and louder.

The world was beginning to spin and she wanted to sleep. The last thing she saw before falling asleep was a face; a very very handsome face. . .

---

Nobody could be seen outside on the college grounds because of the hot summer weather. The ground smoldered and even the birds were silent.

It was a weekend, so everyone chose to not leave their dorm rooms. The air conditioner in the room was open, making it a little more bearable inside the two-person dorm.

Lalisa was deep asleep on the small bed, her body totally at peace.

Suddenly, her chest rose and she moaned as she felt herself suffocating. With a gasp, Lalisa's eyes opened as she took rapid and shallow breaths.

She slowly sat up on the bed and looked around. This wasn't her room! She rubbed her eyes a few times and looked again.

Lalisa remembered that this was the dorm from her college eight years ago. As a senior, she was lucky enough to get a two-person dorm with only her and her best friend.

But why was she here?

Lalisa slowly got out of the bed and wobbled a little before regaining her balance. She looked around the walls for a calendar but didn't see any.

Her eyes moved to the desk and she quickly picked up the phone. The time was 2:37 P.M., and the date was 6/2. It didn't show the year, so Lalisa quickly opened the calendar. The year was. . . 20XX!

Eight years ago! 20XX was eight years ago! How did she get here?

Lalisa tried to think back to what happened before she lost consciousness, but everything was in broken fragments.

Car accident! Lalisa's eyes widened as she suddenly remembered that she got into a car accident! Was she dreaming? Maybe she was in a coma and was only dreaming right now.

Yes, that must be it! Lalisa paced around the room nervously as she tried to wake up. If this was a dream. . . she shouldn't feel any pain.

Lalisa brought one hand up and firmly slapped it across her cheek, "Ah!"

At the exact moment, the door to the room opened and Wu Chaeyoung also called Rosè walked in, "Lisa! What are you doing?"

The smell of food entered Lalisa's nose and she noticed the bag of chicken her best friend was holding. If this was a dream, why did she smell the food and why did she feel the pain?