Chapter 113: Qi Liran

Lisa picked up the folder eagerly and opened it.

The first thing she saw was a pregnancy verification letter.

'To Whom It May Concern:

On the day of September XX, 20XX, the patient known as Li Huiran had a negative pregnancy test. I sincerely apologize for my dishonest behavior and the harm it may have caused to others. As a doctor, I should have been honest and ethical and treat my job more honorably and morally. The patient Li Huiran offered me 5 thousand dollars, and I fell into the trap of corruption by agreeing to lie with her. I am filled with remorse and shame for my actions and I am very sorry.'

At the bottom, there was Doctor Qi's signature.

Lisa's mouth had fallen open when she reached the bottom of the page. How in the world did they get Doctor Qi to write such a statement? And it was handwritten!

So Li Huiran was indeed not pregnant. . .

Lisa picked up the recorder and opened it, pressing play on the first and only recording.

The recording began with an unfamiliar man's voice:

"Hello."

There was the squeaking of a chair moving against the floor and Lisa recognized Doctor Qi's voice, "Hello. This is the room for a pregnancy check. . ."

"We know. We are actually here for you, Qi Liran."

There was the sound of footsteps and then a chair sliding against the ground.

Doctor Qi cleared her throat and eyed the group of men suspiciously, "How may I help you?"

There were a few moments of silence and the sound of a zipper before the same man spoke again, "Hello, Doctor Qi. I am the head lawyer of the Gu Corporation's Law Group, and I am here today to discuss with you the issue about Li Huiran's pregnancy."

When Qi Liran heard the name Li Huiran, her eyes unconsciously looked down as pressed her lips together.

"In case you didn't know, faking a pregnancy is a crime that can result in jail time. Especially as a doctor, you will definitely lose your job and you won't be able to continue in the medical field in the future. This behavior constitutes theft by deception. If this is brought to court, any lawyer can easily prove that Li Huiran was deceiving Mr. Bai, Bai Jiawei, for his money. That is a crime."

The lawyer grinned and began slowly tapping his pen against the table, "As Li Huiran's partner in crime, you won't be let off the hook so easily either."

Doctor Qi's face had turned white as a sheet by now, and she gulped nervously.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I. . . Miss Li is indeed pregnant. There is a pregnancy report as evidence -"

The man interrupted her, "Pregnancy reports can be faked. Doctor Qi, I recommend you say the truth. There are a million ways to prove Li Huiran not pregnant. If you say the truth now, it will only benefit you. I can't say there won't be any punishment, but it will definitely be lighter."

"Why? You said you are from the Gu Corporation? How did I or Li Huiran offend you?"

The man smirked, "You didn't offend me in any way. I am just following orders. However. . . you offended President Gu's wife. . . . This also means you offended President Gu. I think you can figure out on your own how bad that would be for you."

Lisa turned around and raised one eyebrow at Jungkook when the man in the recording called her President Gu's wife. He just smiled back at her.

Qi Liran didn't follow the news much, so she didn't know whether Jungkook was actually married or not. However, she did know the power and authority the Gu Corporation and Jungkook held.