Chapter 44: Are you hungry?

Lalisa walked to the restroom and noticed that her eyes were extremely swollen and red, and it was clear that she had just cried. She tried to wash away the evidence, but nothing worked. It seemed like the swelling wasn't going to go away anytime soon.

She had accidentally made a noise when leaving, and Lalisa knew that Bai Jiawei and Li Huiran might be suspicious of her right now. She had to get out of here.

Lalisa quickly changed into more formal clothing and walked over to her door when she froze. Where was she going to go? Chaeyoung's house?

Lalisa stopped and gently shook her head. Rosie would ask her what happened and she didn't want to tell her about her family's issues. Chaeyoung was an innocent and kind person, and Lalisa didn't want to ruin that special trait in her.

The nasty and complicated things of the families in the upper class weren't suitable for people like Chaeyoung. Not only would it be difficult for her to understand, but it might also destroy the simple view of life she had. Lalisa wasn't going to do that. . .

Lalisa scoffed when she realized just how lonely she was. Aside from this "family", there was nowhere else she could go.

She sighed and walked back into her room when something on the large table in the front of the room caught her eyes. Lalisa immediately picked up the keys on the table and rushed out of her bedroom.

She was relieved to see that there was no one around, and she assumed that Bai Jiawei and Li Huiran were probably still inside their bedroom. Quietly, she tiptoed down the stairs and she was so nervous, she didn't even waste the time to put shoes on before she rushed out the door.

After locking the door behind her, Lalisa ran down the steps and down the sidewalk. The small rocks on the sidewalk hurt the bottom of her feet, but she didn't care.

She ran up the long front porch and stopped when she was in front of a door. With the key she had received yesterday, she opened the door and entered Jungkook's house.

The lights were all closed when Lalisa walked in, and she looked around the large mansion. There was no one on the first floor, so she slowly walked up the steps to the second floor, where it was also dark.

Lalisa found the lights and she clicked them open. It took her over ten minutes to walk around the entire second floor and peek in every room to see if anyone was inside. Some of the rooms were locked but the ones that weren't had no one inside.

The third floor was also empty, so Losa dejectedly walked back down to the first floor. It seemed like as she was walking over here, something sharp got stuck into the ball of her foot. With each step, a sharp pain shot up her left leg and it made He Xinyan flinch.

Slowly, she walked over to the couch and she sat down. Maybe it was because she was tired from crying for so long, but she fell asleep a few minutes after her body touched the couch.

---

It was past dinner time when Lalisa returned home from the company. He opened up the door into his house and he smiled as he eagerly awaited for nighttime to come so he could go see his wifey.

After putting on his slippers, he stepped into the living room and saw the person he wanted to see the most on the couch. At first, he thought it must have been a hallucination and it was because he missed her too much. However, after a few seconds had passed, he slowly walked over to the couch and bent down.

Jungkook gently sat down on the edge of the couch and caressed Lalisa's cheek with one hand. What was she doing here? Did she also miss him? Jungkook smiled and stood up to go get a blanket for her. However, this small movement woke her up as she let out a soft moan.