Chapter 38: Do you love me too?

For several hours, she couldn't fall asleep, until she finally heard the gentle tap of a person landing on her balcony.

Her grasp on the blanket tightened a little and then she heard the door slide open. With a smile on her face, Lalisa pretended to yawn and then wake up, making it seem like she had been sleeping this entire time.

"Did I wake you up? Sorry," Jungkook walked over to the bed and climbed on, "Let's sleep together."

Lalisa rolled her eyes but the smile on her face revealed her happiness. For the first time since Jungkook began shamelessly coming over, Lalisa took the initiative in crawling into Jungkook's embrace and took a deep breath, taking in his masculine and attractive scent.

Fatigue immediately overcame her. He was almost like a sleeping potion to her.

Jungkook looked down at Lalisa, "You. . . Do you love me too?"

"Why are you suddenly asking?"

"Because you crawled into my arms today!" Jungkook smiled happily and wrapped his arms around Lalisa's waist.

"You're overthinking, I'm just kind of cold and need warmth," Lalisa lied.

Her rejection didn't affect Jungkook's mood much, because he was confident in getting Lalisa to fall for him at some point. True love takes time and he was willing to wait.

Jungkook pulled Lalisa closer to him and also moved more of the blanket over to her, although she wasn't really cold at all.

He lightly kissed her head and closed his eyes, pretending that nothing happened. After knowing that Jungkook liked her, Lalisa didn't find his sudden acts of affection weird anymore, but it was still a little uncomfortable.

She closed her eyes tightly and slowly fell asleep.

---

The next morning, Lalisa woke up and Jungkook was still inside her room.

"You're still here," Lalisa commented as she rubbed her eyes.

"Do you have time to go on a date today?"

Lalisa wasn't fully awake yet, and it took a while for her to respond. She didn't have anything to do the next week or so except study the script.

"Sure. Where?"

"Whatever you choose."

Lalisa blinked her eyes a few times and responded, "Let's go to an escape room!"

With Jungkook, there was no way that they wouldn't be able to escape. They might even break a record!

"Escape room?"

Lalisa scrunched her face up, "You don't know what an escape room is? Wow. . . You're missing out on life. It's when you and your friends are thrown into a room and you have to find clues to try and escape."

Jungkook thought that it sounded kind of boring, but he nodded his head. Whatever she wanted to do. . .

"Okay, go go go! I have to get ready and you do too. Let's meet up thirty minutes later okay?"

Jungkook got pushed out of the room and locked outside, so he grudgingly returned to his home to prepare for the date.

"Eunwoo, I am skipping work today."

". . . What?!" Eunwoo's eyes widened in surprise. "Mr. Jeon, the meeting with the CEO of the Qin Corporation is today."

"Then move it to another day." Jungkook closed the door to his room and changed into a black shirt and a pair of black jeans. The black outfit made him look skinny and tall, but also very well-built.