Chapter 97: Future together

"I -" Li Huiran's eyes darted to Li Yuyan and she muttered, "I was worried about her."

"She already messed up, so you running out would only make things worse! Ah, you two are -"

"It's okay, dad. Everyone makes mistakes." Lisa stood up with an understanding smile, "Auntie Li and Eunha are probably just not used to the upper-class behavior and etiquette yet."

"It has been several years already!" Bai Jiawei glared at Eunha, unable to stand what happened at his 60th birthday party.

"Well. . . they weren't born with it so. . ."

Li Huiran clenched her fists together as she heard the hidden meaning behind Lisa's words. Lisa was just saying that she would never belong in the upper class and that she was still an outsider.

Lisa sighed and walked away, gently patting Eunha's shoulder as she went, "I'm going to go to sleep. Happy birthday, dad."

"Hmph! It's not happy because someone ruined it!" Bai Jiawei shot one last glare at Li Huiran and Eunha before marching up the stairs after Lisa.

Lisa locked the door to her room and walked in, not surprised to see Jungkook already on her bed.

"Your house is quite noisy even at night," Jungkook said with a grin.

"It is. . . and it is quite annoying." Lisa was still in her dress as she walked into her closet to grab her pajamas.

She walked into the restroom and locked the door behind her.

A few minutes later, she came out in her matching set of pink pajamas before crawling onto the bed. In the Kim mansion, they were the only two that had a good sleep tonight.

---

The next morning, Lisa went downstairs to an empty dining and living room.

"Good morning, young miss." The worker setting up the dining table said.

"Good morning!" Lisa waved at the worker before walking towards the door and out of the house.

Outside, Jungkook was already waiting for her. When she entered the car, the smell of food greeted her.

"Where did you get this from?"

"I made it," Jungkook said as he poked a straw into the cup of soy milk.

Lisa smiled sweetly at the man next to her as she took a sip of the milk and then a bite of the steamed pork bun.

"Do you want a bite?"

Jungkook opened his mouth and Lisa lifted the bun up so he could take a bite as he drove.

After Lisa had finished eating, they arrived at the mansion Jungkook owned. They were going to have a picnic on the sand today!

---

Lisa grabbed the blanket and all the eating utensils as she ran onto the sand to set up.

From the kitchen, Jungkook had a perfect view of the beach. As he cooked, he watched her spread the blanket onto the sand and then watched the wind blow it away several times.

He laughed gently as he waited for the water to start boiling. His little baby could be so cute sometimes. . .

The wind was quite strong near the ocean and the blanket just wouldn't stay still. After running after the blanket several times, Lisa finally gave up.

She walked back into the house and grabbed a knife.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook asked amusedly.

With a dangerous glare, Lisa lifted the knife up and said, "I will stab the blanket into the sand."