Chapter 112: Li Huiran is Pregnant

"Is my stepmother actually pregnant?" Lisa asked with an innocent smile.

The doctor licked her lips and smiled back, "Yes, of course she is! Why do you ask?"

Lisa raised one eyebrow, "Oh really?"

"Yes." The doctor's expression turned serious as she took a step forward.

"Okay. I'm just too excited, so I wanted to make sure! Thank you, Doctor Qi." Lisa waved goodbye to her before walking out of the room.

Outside, Lisa slowly walked to the front lobby where Bai Jiawei, Li Huiran, and Eunha were waiting for her.

Li Huiran looked at her cautiously when she saw her come back, "What took you so long?"

Lisa smiled, "I forgot where I put it, so I had to look for it."

Li Huiran eyed her suspiciously, but she didn't say anything further. The four of them entered the car again and drove back to the Xihe Estates.

---

Inside her room, Lisa thought about the doctor's response. Could she believe the doctor? But then, what would the sanitary pad mean?

Was Li Huiran actually pregnant?

It just didn't fit. Unless the sanitary pad belonged to someone else. . . But she was sure the person in the bathroom was Li Huiran! And she heard her take the pad out! Pregnant women couldn't have a period, so the only explanation was that Li Huiran wasn't pregnant!

So the doctor was lying?

Lisa pulled out her phone and texted Jungkook.

'Can I come over for dinner tonight?'

Before she could even exit the app and close her phone, there was a response.

'Mr. Boyfriend: Sure!'

Lisa smiled before closing her phone. Jungkook was really boyfriend material. . .

---

At 6 P.M., Lisa left the Kim mansion to go to Jungkook's house. Although he wouldn't be home from work yet, she could wait for him there.

She sat down on the couch and opened a bag of chips. She had only popped the first chip into her mouth when she heard the door click open.

Lisa jumped up from the couch and ran to the front door, "Jungkook! You're here!"

Jungkook grinned and took off his shoes before walking over to Lisa. Without saying anything, he wrapped both arms around her and rested his chin on her head.

Lisa froze and her body slightly tensed up, not knowing how to react. The bag of chips she was holding was stuck in between their two bodies as they hugged.

They stayed like that for almost a minute before Jungkook let go of her.

He put on his slippers and grabbed her hand to walk into the living room together.

"My battery is fully charged now!"

Lisa looked up at him and laughed. So she was his battery?

About an hour later, they sat down at the dining table together to eat dinner. Jungkook had made kung pao chicken, sweet and sour spare ribs, and a vegetable soup.

Lisa loved eating meat, and she practically ate it every single meal. Looking at the table filled with food, her eyes lit up and she began eating.

She was on her second bowl of rice already when she suddenly remembered what she was here for, "Oh, right! Kook, I went with Li Huiran to her pregnancy check-up today."