Chapter 5: Illegitimate child

Daisy rolled her eyes, "Don't even think about him. That person is Jeon Jungkook, the CEO of the prestigious Jeon Corporation. He doesn't even take a glance at A-list celebrities, so do you think he will care about you?"

Lalisa crossed her arms together, "A-list celebrities aren't as pretty as me."

". . ."

In the end, Daisy still managed to drag Lalisa over to CEO Liu. Once CEO Liu's eyes landed on Lalisa, they never left her and sparkled creepily.

He kept on trying to touch Lalisa's hands, but she managed to escape his attacks every time.

"I'm going to go eat some food," Lalisa said before walking away.

Daisy stared at Lalisa's back for a long time before also finding an excuse to leave CEO Liu. In a corner, she pulled out her phone and texted Eunha.

<Eunha, are you sure we should do this? Wouldn't Lisa get mad when she figures out?>

A second later, Eunha replied, <Why are you scared of her? I am also the daughter of the Kim family, so listen to me! Unless you don't want to stay in the industry anymore.>

Yang Daisy's face fell after reading the message. Eunha was only an illegitimate child, but she always bossed people around using the Kim family's title!

The Kim Corporation was founded by Kim Lalisa's maternal grandfather, and it was supposed to go to whoever Lalisa's mother,  Kim Yuxin, chose to marry.

Yuxin's dad wanted her to marry the son of a rich family, but Kim Lalisa chose to marry Bai Jiawei, a normal man from a normal family.

Because of this relationship,Yuxin dad got so angry he passed away from a heart attack. After her father died, Yuxin still insisted on marrying Bai Jiawei, who then took over the company alongside Yuxin.

Yuxin also gave half of the stocks she inherited from her dad to Bai Jiawei so he wouldn't be oppressed in the company. The couple was deeply in love for several years, and the Kim Corporation also grew under Bai Jiawei and Kim Yuxin's leadership.

However, only a few years after Lalisa was born, Kim Yuxin fell sick and got hospitalized. A few days later, she died right before Lalisa's 3rd birthday.

A month after her funeral, Bai Jiawei brought Li Huiran and her daughter, Li Eunha into the Kim mansion. As a kid, Lalisa only treated them as guests in the house.

However, they stayed way too long to be only guests. Everyone figured that Bai Jiawei must have cheated on He Yuxin before she died.

Eunha was two years older than Lalisa, but she also had blood relation to Bai Jiawei. For this reason, Lalisa's relation with her dad hasn't been as good after she figured this out.

However, everything had passed already, and Lalisa's dad had treated her mom very well all the way until her death. Nothing could change any more.

Daisy clenched her phone tightly in her hand. If it weren't for the fact that Eunha had given her money, she would never work for a person like her!

A mere illegitimate child trying to act like a real princess!

Yang Daisy walked out of the dark corner and picked up a glass of wine. She located Lalisa, who was busy eating a slice of cake right now.

From the corner of her eye, Lalisa could see that Yang Daisy was looking at her. The corners of her lips curled up a bit before she took the last bite of the cake.

As she was eating, Lalisa couldn't take her eyes off of the CEO of the Jeon Corporation; the handsome person she had suggested to Yang Daisy.

For some reason, he looked very familiar, but Lalisa couldn't figure out from where. Maybe she had seen him somewhere on the news from her past life. . .

Lalisa gave the plate to a waiter and turned to look at Yang Daisy, who was walking towards her with a glass of wine in her hands.

Well, this seemed familiar. . .

When Yang Daisy was a few feet away, she called out to her, "Lisa!"

Then, pretending to trip over herself, Yang Daisy let out a slight shriek and tilted the glass forward. With a straight face, Lisa lifted her hand up, and right before the wine would spill out, she used one finger to push it away from her.

"Ah!" Yang Daisy dropped the glass onto the floor as the red liquid stained her yellow dress.

"Oops, sorry!" Lalisa said with a smile. The sound of glass shattering onto the floor caused everyone inside the ballroom to look their way.

"Lalisa!"

"Here!" Lalisa responded as if Yang Daisy was taking attendance.

"You did that on purpose right?" Yang Daisy was fuming with anger, but she had to hold it in because everyone was looking.

"Sister Daisy, you were the one that almost spilled the wine on me. What I did was an act of self-defense." Lalisa purposely spoke loudly so the people around her could hear.

"You -" Daisy took a deep breath and lowered her voice, "As my artist, you have to listen to me. Or else I will kick you out of the company and accuse you of breaching the contract."

". . . Go ahead!"

*******
Hey buttercups,
How are you liking it so far?