Chapter 93: Snack

Without much effort, there was a snap, and the heel of the shoe broke in two.

Lisa smirked and did the same with the other shoe, but the other shoe was perfectly normal and didn't break.

Lisa had to say that Li Huiran wasn't very. . . diverse in her use of schemes.

Two times. . . In her past life, Li Huiran had used the exact same strategy.

And she was stupid enough to fall for it.

Lisa remembered Bai Jiawei's 60th birthday party very clearly, because she had gotten a severe scolding after it.

Just like this time, Li Huiran had given her a pair of shoes in her past life too. A pair of broken shoes.

The shoes wouldn't break when simply walking, because there was direct pressure on the heel with each step, so it would stay in place.

However, when dancing, it was easier for the heel to come loose, and one wrong step would mean the shoe breaking.

And that was what happened. . .

In her past life, she had worn the pair of broken shoes to the party and they broke while she was dancing with Bai Jiawei.

All of the guests were watching, and she had lost her balance and fell, knocking over several glasses on a tray nearby.

To Bai Jiawei, it was very embarrassing, and he said that she had turned his 60th birthday party into a joke.

Although he didn't do anything to Lisa at the party, after coming home, he made sure to scold her about how she made him lose face.

Lisa scoffed. . . What a pathetic father!

She held up the two shoes; one without a heel. With a smile, she placed them both into the box with the heel and threw it into the trash can.

---

At exactly 4 o'clock, Lisa walked out of the room in the white dress she had picked out and walked down the stairs.

Li Huiran and Eunha were already dressed, and they sat on the couch, waiting for Bai Jiawei.

When Lisa walked down the stairs, they both turned to look at her. Eunha bit her lips unhappily, the jealousy flowing out from her eyes and expression.

She hadn't eaten at all since last night, and she had spent several hours doing her makeup and hair. So why did Lisa still look better?

It made Eunha clench her fists together from anger to have Lisa look better than her. . . The only thought that made her feel better was that even if Lisa looked better, she still got Zhiming.

Men would still pick her over Lisa.

Li Huiran's eyes slid down to Lisa's feet, and Lisa purposely stuck her leg out a little further so Li Huiran could see the silver shoes.

Li Huiran smiled and pulled her gaze away before standing up, "Yanyan, you look beautiful."

"Thank you." Lisa walked down and sat across from Eunha, who also took a glimpse at her shoes.

They sat in silence for another few minutes before Bai Jiawei came down in a black suit with his hair combed and a large smile on his face.

"Dad, you're here!" Eunha stood up and walked over, "You look very handsome today!"

Bai Jiawei chuckled as he straightened his suit, "Your mouth is very sweet today!"

Lisa couldn't help but roll her eyes as she also stood up. Bai Jiawei's smile disappeared when he looked at her, but he was satisfied with how she dressed tonight.