Chapter 80: Mother-in-Law

"Lili, I need to talk to you. Come with me to my office."

Lisa had a guess of what Bai Jiawei wanted to say already, and she followed him to the second floor. He closed the door as Xinyan walked over to the couch inside and sat down.

"What do you need to tell me, dad?"

Bai Jiawei sat down in his large chair, "Lili, why didn't you tell me who your boyfriend is?"

"You never asked." Lisa replied with a smile.

"Whatever. Lili, you know it has been hard for me to take care of the Kim Corporation all by myself. . . especially after your mother's death."

Lisa raised one eyebrow and watched his dramatic and fake act.

"The Jeon Corporation would really help us. . ."

Lisa smirked, "What do you want?"

Bai Jiawei wasn't happy with Lisa's attitude but he had no other choice, "Can you help me to get a cooperation with the Jeon Corporation? It will really help the Kim Corporation. At the very end, I am also helping you to set a good foundation for you later on."

Lisa almost laughed. Who knew what was going on inside his brain? Maybe he was planning on taking the entire corporation away from the He family in all and giving it to his other lovely daughter, Eunha.

She could not trust him.

"Are you asking me to ask Jungkook for a cooperation opportunity?"

Bai Jiawei nodded.

"I'm not sure. . . It will be hard. Jungkook isn't really a subjective person when it comes to business." Lisa thought of how he just gave someone a cooperation because he called her Mrs. Gu and smiled at her own lie.

"I know President Gu really likes you, Lili. You should help the He family."

Lisa shrugged, "Okay. I'll try it."

She walked out of the room and went straight for the door. As she passed the living room, Li Huiran and Eunha both glared at her suspiciously.

Outside, she turned around and walked up the stairs to Jungkook's house. With her key, she unlocked the door and walked in.

Inside, she noticed the man sitting on the couch immediately. He was dressed in a black silk bathrobe and his hair was slightly wet. He looked up slightly when he heard footsteps.

He smiled when he saw her and took a sip of his tea.

"Jungkook -"

"Right here." He pointed at the file on the table in front of him.

". . ." Lisa picked it up and flipped through it to find that his stamp and his name were already signed at the end of the contract. All it was missing was Bai Jiawei's stamp and signature now.

"How did you know?"

Jungkook lifted his hand and signaled for Lisa to go over to him. She walked over and he pulled her down onto the couch.

"I guessed."

"Why are you giving it to me?"

"Just a gift." Jungkook leaned back against the couch and the collar of the bathrobe dropped a little further.

He then added, "Use this to exchange information about your mother's death."

"What?" Lisa furrowed her eyebrows together when he mentioned her mom. How did he know that she was planning to further investigate her mother's death?

The day before her mother's death, she had gone to the hospital. Her mother had told her that she was recovering already and even showed Lisa that she was back in good health.