Chapter 122: Lisa's Mother-in-law

However, he suddenly heard the door click open and he looked up to see who it was.

Lisa stepped into the room with a plate of fruits in her hand. Like before, the fruit was still cut into different sizes. Some were huge chunks and others were too small.

Jungkook stood up from his chair and walked over to her.

They had just finished eating dinner at Jungkook's house, and he had gone upstairs to finish up some work. Lisa was originally watching television, but she decided to be a great girlfriend and bring Jungkook a snack.

"I brought you some fruit."

Jungkook smiled sweetly and grabbed the plate with one hand. He pulled Lisa over to the desk with another hand and had her sit on his lap.

"How are you going to work?" Lisa asked as she repositioned herself.

Jungkook pulled the chair closer to the desk so Lisa's arm was touching it, and she moved closer to Jungkook.

He stretched his long arms out, and they were able to reach the keyboard.

"Isn't this uncomfortable and distracting?"

Jungkook looked down at her, "A little. Makes me want to do something else instead of work."

Lisa cleared her throat and looked away. Shameless Jeon Jungkook!

She grabbed the plate of fruit and began eating, occasionally giving Jungkook piece. After several minutes, Jungkook suddenly stopped typing and looked down at her.

"Do you have anything to ask me?"

Lisa looked up confusedly, "No."

"Shouldn't you ask who that woman was?"

Lisa's heartbeat sped up a little as her eyes widened. He knew!

"Um. . . I didn't mean to overhear."

Jungkook grinned slightly, waiting for He Xinyan to continue.

She cleared her throat and straightened her back a little, "Who was that woman?"

"Your mother-in-law."

"What?" Lisa didn't understand his meaning right away, and she stared at him confusedly.

Jungkook smiled, "Your future mother-in-law."

Lisa's mouth fell open as she understood what he meant, and she felt as her cheeks heated up. She looked away uncomfortably.

"Are you embarrassed?" Jungkook chuckled, "Don't worry. Madam Xu is a very nice person. She won't be an evil mother-in-law. You two will get along well in the future."

Jungkook's mood got better and better as he watched He Xinyan's ears also turn red from embarrassment.

"Who said I would marry you?" Lisa frowned slightly. Evil or nice mother-in-law?! She didn't care! Jungkook was just overthinking!

Jungkook's smile grew larger, "In this life, you can only marry me. Besides me, you have no one else to marry. Besides you, I have no one else to marry. So, we are destined to be together."

Lisa scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Where did you get this confidence from? Or should I say this arrogance!"

"I was born with it." Jungkooksaid with a grin.

". . ." Lisa pushed herself out of Jungkook's lap and walked proudly out of the room.

"I'm leaving! Have fun alone!"

Jungkook watched as Lisa swung the door open and left with a smile. It's okay! He would be going over to her room in a few minutes anyway!

---

Like Jungkook had said, he arrived in Lisa's bedroom about half an hour later. Lisa was already on the bed with her back facing the balcony door, but she wasn't asleep yet.

Jungkook first closed the lights before crawling onto the bed. He wrapped one arm around Lisa's waist and pulled her closer to him.

Lisa moaned softly as she was about to fall asleep. She opened her eyes a little and flipped around so she was facing him.

"Hi. . ." She said softly.

Jungkook smiled, "Hi." He ran his fingers through her hair gently, "Do you have time this weekend?"

Lisa thought for a few seconds before nodding her head, "Yes. I have no scenes to film."

"Do you want to eat lunch with my parents?"

Liaa's eyes immediately opened and she was wide awake as she looked up at Jungkook, "Lunch? With your parents? This weekend?"

Jungkook grinned, "Don't worry. They just want to meet you."

"Um. . ."

"If you don't want to, we don't have to. I'll just tell them we can't go."

Lisa pursed her lips out as she was touched from Jungkook's consideration, and she licked her lips before saying, "Okay. . . I can meet with them."

She was going to meet them sooner or later, so it didn't make a difference if it was now or in the future. If his parents didn't like her now, it wasn't like they would like her if she met them in the future.

Jungkook patted her gently on the head, "Don't worry. I'll call my mom tomorrow about the meeting. Go to sleep now. Good night."

Lisa closed her eyes and took a deep breath before relaxing her tense body. In a few minutes, she was asleep.

---

The next morning, Jungkook left early for work. He kissed Lisa gently on the forehead and placed the new rose onto the nightstand before leaving.

Inside his office, he pulled out his phone and called his mom, who immediately picked it up.

"Jeon! Jung! Kook! Did you plan a meeting with that girl yet?" Xu Mengya was biting on an apple as she spoke.

Jungkook knit his eyebrows together and pulled his phone away from his ear from the loud voice, "Yes, I did. Lunch this weekend."

Xu Mengya's eyes brightened and she swallowed the apple piece, "Good, good! Let's do Saturday then. We can go to the Puxi Restaurant. I'll have your dad book the best private room. Okay, okay."

Jungkook sighed helplessly, "I have work to do now. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay! Go, go! Goodbye!" This time, Xu Mengya made sure to hang up the phone before her son did and she happily skipped off to go tell her husband the good news.