Prologue

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Three light knocks tap the mahogany door echoing through the quiet house. Upstairs you can slightly hear the humming of a woman and the whooses a young child makes to sound like an airplane. The child runs around with a toy airplane in his hand; not many other young children live in the neighborhood so he usually keeps to himself. A tall Hispanic woman with long luscious brown wavy hair and brown eyes lifts her head once hearing the knocks upon her front door.

"I'll be right back you stay here." She tells the young boy while leaving the room.

She walks down the stairs to the door and swings it open to see a short Caucasian lady with black hair and brown eyes. She looks her up and down to see just a plain pair of blue jeans but paired with light pink heels and a pink off the shoulder shirt.

The Caucasian lady stares at the beautiful Hispanic woman infront of her who fit a perfect hourglass body into an astonishing black cocktail dress.

"Hi! You must be the new neighbors." The Hispanic woman says while shaking the Caucasion lady's hand.

"Yes we are, sorry my husband couldn't make it. He had to stay at work for a bit longer than usual."

"That's no problem mine is also very swamping with the office. Anyways my name is Catherine. Catherine Rodriguez."

She looks down at a little light skinned girl with black hair and big brown eyes that make her look so innocent and adorable.

"And who is this little cutie that's hiding behind you?" Catherine says while bending down to the little girls height.

"Oh right sorry. Well I am Samantha Robertson. But you can call me Sam. And this is my little girl Lacey." Samantha answers Catherine while softly running her hand through the little girl's hair.

"That's a beautiful name." Lacey shakes the nice ladys hand and thinks to herself 'Wow she's pretty!'

"Do you have any other children?" Catherine asks as she steps back letting the two into the house.

"Yes I do. I have a son named Duke, Lacey's twin, but I think he is still next door at our house-" Samantha is interrupted as Duke runs across the lawn and into Catherine's house.

"I'm right here mommy. I had to make sure that I got the best room!" Duke squeals with excitement while stepping closer to his mom.

The inside of the house looks much bigger then you would think from standing outside. The ceiling is high and the living room is spacious. There are two long sofas in the room along with a flat screen tv. Pictures of the family that lived inside the house is covering every space of the beige wall.

"Well I have a son and I believe he is the same age as your children!" Catherine announces to Samantha.

"Really!? Well that's great!!" Sam says hugging Lacey who is attached to her leg.

"I'll call him down now!" Catherine replies. "Jase venir abajo por favor!"

A cute boy with dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes comes skipping down the stairs and walks over to Sam.

The boy looks at the little girl who is hiding behind her mother's leg and immediately wants to be her friend to protect her.

'Wow she's pretty!' He thinks to himself as he steps closer to her.

"Hi I'm Jase. Do you wanna go outside and play with me?" Jase holds out his hand looking at the pretty girl with beautiful brown eyes.

She looks unsure for a minute, then looks at his grinning face and smiles.

"Okay!" Lacey replies to Jase, taking his hand as they start skipping to the back door.

Jase stops in front of Duke. "You can come too! I'm sure we'll be best buds!" Duke nods and says yeah me too.

The three children run off to the backyard hoping that their friendship would last a lifetime.

"I think Lacey and Duke are gonna like it here!" Samantha says happily while her and Catherine watch the three play tag.

================================================================================================================================================================