Unexpected Spy

John above

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Lacey's POV

Monday again. School is over for the day and there is no practice after school. My mom works at the hospital, so tonight she is on a late shift. Duke is going to Luke's house and probably staying there. And Lance is sick.

I get to Jase's car in the parking lot and notice its only him.

"Hey. Where is everyone?"

He turns around and smiles.

"Um well Duke left with Chasity and Luke. Freddy left with Wes. And that leaves you and me." Of course he wouldn't say anything about Lance. They hate each other.

"Great! So can I hang out at your house?"

"Yeah don't you always."

"Not more than you at my house J."

"Touché princess." He opens the door for me and I sit in the seat as he closes the door, then walks to his side and starts the engine. We get to his house in a comfortable silence, not really, I burst out singing many times. He parks in his driveway and opens my door. We get to the front door and he unlocks it. I step in and hear his mom and dad in the kitchen.

"Hey mom. I'm home." He yells while we walk slowly to the kitchen.

"In the kitchen honey." His mom yells back.

"Hey John. Hi Catherine." I say to his parents. John has brown hair and hazel eyes. He looks like an older version of Jase.

"Hey Lacey." They reply together.

"How was school?" Catherine looks at me.

"Fine it's school."

She laughs. "I understand. How about you Jase?"

"Same. We're gonna go upstairs now." He says while pulling my arm to the stairs.

"Okay. Is Lacey staying for dinner?"

"Yeah she is." Jase says.

"Where we going?" I ask as I walk up the stairs and past his room.

"Music room."

"Oh cool." He pushes the door open and we walk inside.

There is a huge black piano in the center and on the walls are electric guitars. Then acoustic guitars are on stands on the ground. A drum set is in the back corner of the room.

He sets his bag and mine down in the room and grabs my hand pulling me to the piano. Then he grabs an acoustic guitar and sits on a chair beside the piano.

"What do you wanna play J?"

"Um how bout... Your favorite song."

Catherine's POV {Jase's Mom}

The front door opens and Jase yells that he's home. I tell him I'm in the kitchen. John, my husband, is reading a newspaper at the dinner table while I am making lasagna.

"Hey John. Hi Catherine."

I turn around from the stove and look at the door to see Jase and Lacey.

Ever since Samantha moved next door Lacey, Duke, and Jase have been best friends. Although I'm pretty sure Lacey and Jase are interested in each other. They would look extremely adorable together. And she is way better then all the other girls Jase has dated. Plus Taylor loves Lacey. Lacey is a really beautiful and smart girl. Perfect for Jase even though they don't think the other likes them.

"Hey Lacey." Me and John reply.

"How was school?" I ask Lacey.

"Fine it's school."

I laugh. "I understand. How about you Jase?"

"Same. We're gonna go upstairs now." He says while pulling her arm to the stairs.

"Okay. Is Lacey staying for dinner?"

"Yeah she is." Jase says. They disappear up the stairs. I turn to John and see him smiling also.

"Why are you smiling honey?"

"Nothing. Just Jase and Lacey."

"I know what you mean." I laugh.

"Goodness what is taking that boy so long to ask out her?"

"I dunno sweetie. Maybe she is taken."

"No she's not. Taylor told me."

"Oh I'll talk to him."

"Discreetly honey."

"Sure sweetie."

"I'll be back." I walk away from the kitchen and up the stairs to tell Jase and Lacey that dinner is ready. I knock on his door and get no response then I hear music from the music room. I run to my room and get my video camera and then run back to the music room and press record. Haha I know. I'm one sneaky mama.

Lacey's POV

I play the piano and sing while Jase plays the guitar.

********************************************

Christina Perri 'A thousand years'

Glee Cast Version because they sing it as a duet.

********************************************

Catherine's POV

They finish the song and stop recording. They are really talented. I close the door and then knock on it.

Wouldn't want them to know I was spying on them.

Jase opens the door."yeah?"

"Dinner's ready."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This chapter was short and sweet. More action and jealousy in the next few chapters. Not much info you need but I wanted you to read about Jase's parents since you saw his sister. Now you know what his parents think of Lacey and the girls Jase always date. And you get to read about some of the things they may do after school.

Love all my readers!! 😘