Bad News

Lacey's POV

Lacey's POV

There is only one thing that can fully get my mind off of Jase and Hope.

"Lacey!"

"Hey gorgeous! How are you?" I say and run over to Taylor.

"I'm okay. I'm really tired."

"Mmkay. Well how about you go to sleep for like an hour and I'll wake you up? Okay?"

"But you came to visit me."

"I did. And I am. But you need to sleep. I will stay here. No worries when you wake up I'll be the first face you see okay?"

She nods and lays down. Five minutes later I hear her light snores.

I sit in a chair beside her bed and stare at a blank wall for about 30 minutes just thinking.

Taylor is like my little sister. She comes to me with boy advice, outfit suggestions, and a regular confidence boost. I love her so much and it pains me to see her everyday like this. Sitting on a hospital bed not getting any better as the days pass by.

Tears slide down my face as I start to think of her getting sicker. A knock at the door makes me come back to my senses. I wipe my face clean of tears and tell the person to come in.

The doctor comes in and checks everything.

"So who are you?"

"Her sister." I say without hesitation.

"Okay well I have some really tough news. We have tried everything we can but we can't do much more. We have come to a conclusion that Taylor has a month left. I'm terribly sorry." She leaves me in silence and as soon as I hear the door close I burst into tears again.

"Lace? Are you okay?"

"Ha! Yeah! I'm fine. I am just so happy your finally awake." I hurry and wipe the tears away while smiling.

"Haha. You're so silly lace! You told me to take a nap."

"I know! I just realized that I missed you and got really lonely." I say as I caress her face.

"But I'm awake now so we can talk and watch movies. You brought them right?"

"Yes I brought your favorite, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. My favorite too."

"I know. You would always come over to my house and watch it with me."

"Oh yeah I remember! And guess what snack I brought!"

"Gummy bears?"

"Gummy bears!"

"Yay!! I love gummy bears!"

"That's why I brought them silly."

We end up eating all the gummy bears. I lay on the hospital bed with Taylor on my right side underneath my arm. She's asleep again. Looking down at her I smile sadly. Then kiss her forehead and fall asleep also.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know its short and please don't hate me!!!😘