My Family

Lacey's POV

Lacey's POV

It's the day after my birthday. Aren't birthdays supposed to be happy memorable days. Moments you remember forever. You look back at the moments and laugh.

But this isn't the case. Yesterday I found out that because I was in the car crash I'm infertile. Not able to have kids. But that's what I've always wanted. To finish college, to marry the man I love who treats me like a princess, get rid of my v card with my new husband on our honeymoon, and have kids and a perfect family. All my hopes and dreams are now crushed and destroyed.

Jase left Ivy with his parents today and told everyone not to come visit me today.

I'm a mess. I probably have tear stained cheeks, red eyes, and wild hair.

I sit in my hospital bed with Jase sitting beside me. He put his arm over my shoulder and we've been sitting like this...in silence...for twenty minutes.

"Lace... You know sooner or later you're gonna have to tell your mom and your brother." Jase says as he brushes a piece of my hair away from my eyes.

"I know. I just don't... What if..."

"Princess they'll love you forever whether you have kids or not. They're your family. They care about you."

I take a deep breath as I look into his hazel eyes. "Okay I'll tell my mom... But I don't think I can handle telling Duke. Do you think you could tell him for me? Please?" I use puppy dog eyes.

"Really princess? Puppy dog eyes? Uh fine... Alright I'll tell him. Now?" He gets up and puts on his jacket as I nod to his question.

"And can you tell my mom to bring your parents too. I don't know why but I feel like they're my second parents."

"Yeah they kinda are. I'll tell her... So just bring your mom and my parents. Then I'll tell Duke... Do you not remember your friends yet?"

"No not yet... So can you talk to them. I don't want it to be awkward."

"Anything for you princess."

"So you'll buy me a yacht?!" I tease him.

"Except that." We both laugh. He leans towards me to kiss my cheek but I turn at the last second. He flinches away.

"Oh shit I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay. I turned my head so you would kiss me... I wanted you to."

"Oh okay." He leans in to kiss me again but this time on the lips. Our lips touch as he moves away a little.

"Are you sure?"

"Oh shut up and just kiss me already!" I grab his head with both my hands an kiss him.

His lips move against mine passionately. He licks my bottom lip and I open. Our tongues wrestle for dominance as his hands slide up my hospital gown. I tug his hair and he groans sexily. He moves so he hovers over me. One of his hands massage my breast and the other lays on my waist. He pulls away from me but continues kissing down my neck. He starts sucking on my neck probably leaving a hickey on me. Just wait until my mom sees this she will do nothing but tease me. Wait a second... Am I forgetting something?