Now You Know

Lacey's POV

Lacey's POV

"Can I take your order darling?"

"Um no thanks Tessie. Can I just sit here?"

"Sure thing sweetie. And everything will be better." She gives me a sad smile and walks away.

And my life must totally suck. Because the devil himself struts in with that monster glued to his side.

God! Why?! Why me?! Why did she have to come and ruin my life again! Like she did 2 years ago?

~ Flashback ~

"So uh um do you want to go out with me?" A nervous Lance asks me with a rose in his hand.

He's popular here, but he doesn't care about the popular scale or whatever. He is really sweet and nice to me. I mean I am not popular. I'm not at the bottom of the food chain either. But I'm in the middle. Who am I kidding? I nowhere near being popular! Nor will I ever be. I'm not that pretty. I wear glasses, my hair is nice. But I leave it in a messy bun most of the time. I don't really have a lot of friends. Except Hope and Lendell.

Lendell is Lance's older brother and he's my gay best friend. I love him to death!

Hope is very popular, sometimes she's a major slut but that's my best friend. She is also captain of the cheer leading team.

"Yeah sure, Lance." I answer him smiling, as I take the rose from him.

That's when I all started. The friends, the popularity, my new position on the cheerleading team. Captain. Of course Hope was upset. I took years of gymnasts and as soon as I tried out for the team everyone wanted me to be captain. I said I didn't want to do that to Hope but she was voted off as Captain.

Everyone always told me that she wanted Lance to ask her out yet she chose Nate, Lance's cousin and best friend. Me and Lance were perfect and had been going out for 1 year. Everything was perfect. One day after school I went to Hope's house and she was acting strange.

"Hey! You okay? Hope." She has been pacing around the room for exactly 10 minutes.

"Yep don't worry, Lace! Hey there's a party tonight. Wanna go?"

"Uh I dunno. I'm not really... A party person."

"Ah come on! You don't wanna be a prude! Plus maybe you and Lance can spend some time together!"

"Yeah I guess your right! Okay! Let's go!"

-at the party-

I ask Lendell if he's seen Lance. He told me he was upstairs with some blonde chick.

Why is he upstairs? Some blonde chick?! What are they doing together?! Upstairs! He wouldn't do that. He loves me. And we've been dating for a year now. I was going to have my first time with him. The guy I love. Who loves me back. Or so I thought.