Please Do

Jase's POV

Jase's POV

Lacey and I haven't been talking since I have been hanging out with Hope. I think I'm starting to like her. She's really nice, funny, and really smart.

The crowd cheers as the football team and I run out on the field. The cheerleaders cheer and pump up the crowd. The bleachers are full of kids from school, parents, and staff. The clock starts and so does the game. I throw the ball but it gets caught by the other team. The crowd groans as the guy from the other team runs to his side. Luckily Duke tackles him before he gets a touchdown but that doesn't help because later they got the touchdown. I throw the ball again and get a fumble.

Scores are 21-0

Damn it! I really am fucking up this game.

Lacey's POV

While at the game Jase throws the ball and the other team catches it. Giving them an easy touchdown. Then he throws and gets a fumble. During half time, coach yells at Jase and sits him down on the bench. I tell the team to start cheering.

'That's alright! That's okay! We're gonna win it anyway!'

'Lean to the left, lean to the right. Sit down, stand up. Fight, Fight, Fight.'

'Split that V, dot the I. Curve that C- T- O- R- Y! Hip Hop, don't stop. We're gonna take it to the top!'

'You might be good at basketball. You might be good at track. But when it comes to football, you might as well step back. Uh huh. Step back. Say what? You might as well step back! Go Alpyne!'

'We're number one, not number two. We're gonna beat the- whoop!- outta you!'

'We can't be beat!- Admit defeat! Let's go! *Clap, clap* And win!- Let's go! *Clap, clap* And win!'

The crowd cheers after we finish and I notice Jase at the sidelines by the drink table. The cheer team continues to pump up the crowd as I walk over to Jase. He notices me as I lean against the table.

"What's going on in your head Jase?"

"Many things." I feel the crowd looking over at us. Many in the crowd are students who know we've been going through a rough patch in our friendship.

"Why? You know there are college scouts in the crowd. They're here to look at you and the guys. I doubt letting the other team win because your distracted will impress them." He looks me in the eyes.

We may be fighting right now but he's still my best friend. I still care about him and what he is doing with his life. He is very skilled and I don't want to see him throw away his future.

"I know... but I need you to talk to me. You've been my lucky charm since the beginning. Ever since little football days when I was the mini quarterback and you were my mini cheerleader. I know I have been hanging around Hope but you won't even tell me why you hate her. I mean she's nice. If you hang out with her she may be different than what you expect."

"Okay you're right. I didn't give her a chance." I lie.

"I guess I'm sorry. But I am very sorry for not talking to you. Especially when I know that I'm your lucky charm. I don't know I guess I'm just being selfish and stupid."

"No your not-"

"Yeah I am. I will talk to Hope and apologize. Okay?"

"Great." He still looks sad as he looks down at the grass.

"You wanna tell me the real reason to why you are totally fucking up this game?" I laugh as he slowly smiles then looks up at my face and starts laughing. My smile widens as I realize I'm the only person that could cheer him up.

"Princess stop with the face. You look like the joker." He laughs. My mouth widens then I pout. "Wh- princess I'm sorry." He pulls me into a hug and kisses my forehead as the crowd cheers and whistles.

"Freaks." I mutter into Jase's chest. He chuckles and I laugh along. Then I push him away and he looks at me questionably.

"You still didn't tell me."

"Oh well the week of not talking to you was mother fucking boring and torture. Your my best friend I can't imagine not having you in my life. So that is never happening again!"

"Aw you love me! Cute!" I pinch his cheeks and he slaps my hand away.

"I can show you how much I love you." He replies in a huskily tone. Which may I say is sexy.

Please do

He starts chuckling again which leads to him clutching his stomach.

"What?"

He looks at me with tears in his eyes. "Please do. So you do want me? I knew it."

"What?!" I could feel the crowds eyes on us once again.

"You said 'please do' out loud. Not in your head."

"I did?!" I start laughing and he nods still laughing.

"That's fucking hilarious!" We both burst out laughing and end up on the ground clutching our stomachs. Finally after what seems like ten minutes we sober down and wipe the tears from our eyes.

"I hope you do realize that I said that out of sarcasm."

"Didn't sound like it."

"Shut up Jase." I playfully push his shoulder.

"Thanks princess. I needed that."

"No prob. Now you promise to win?"

"Hell yeah!" He kisses my forehead then runs off to the coach.

And you know what... he did exactly what he promised.