Forgive and Forget Part 1

Hope's POV

Hope's POV

River rubs my back as I slowly start to calm down. My monster of a mother came home again. Not to mention my horrible father.

~Flashback~

River and I sit on the couch downstairs watching tv until we hear a loud thump coming from the garage. River walks over to the door and slowly opens it to see my worst nightmare.

My parents.

They walk past River as if they don't see him and throw their suitcases down by the couch.

"Hope be a dear and get me and your father a glass of water." She looks at me with a scowl while my father glares at River. I don't move because I am still shocked they're here.

"Did you not hear your mother?! Now you incompetent piece of shit!" My father yells at me just as I feel a sting on my cheek. I snap out of it and instantly know my father hit me. This wouldn't be the first or second time either.

He's about to say something else until he's punched in the face. He staggers back then looks surprised at River.

"Don't ever touch her again or I will fucking kill you!" River yells at my father while pushing me behind him.

My mother gasps and starts crying. Over dramatic attention seeking bitch.

"Hope go pack your stuff and let's go." River says gently to me.

I hurry up the stairs and to my room then pack my things. Grabbing my three duffel bags I fill them with clothes, shoes, and personal items then toss it on my bed. I turn around to see my mother standing right behind me. Gasping while holding my chest as I try to recover from a heart attack.

"What do you want?" I ask angrily looking at the ground.

"You listen and you listen good! I should've aborted you when I found out I was pregnant with you! But no I kept you because I was still recovering from loosing your dead brother or sister. And oh I forgot to tell you that when you began high school the popular girl who talked to you was your cousin."

"Scarlett was my cousin?" I asked sadly. I remember she killed herself and I never even knew she was my family.

"Yep and now she's dead. Because of you! And sam! And Robb! And that stupid stupid girl! What's her name? Oh yes Lacey!"

"It's none of our faults! It's yours! You're obsessed with getting back at Lacey's mom for falling in love with Robb. They were probably very sad that they did fall in love and hurt you but they did love each other and it's your fault you lost your first child! Everything is your fault! It always was!"

She slaps me then glares at me. "I wish you were never born! You are no child of mine! When you pass that door you leave and never come back! Just wait until your dear River dumps your whorish ass onto the streets. And don't even think about coming back here because I will laugh in your face then slam the door before you can say I'm sorry!" She leaves then slams my door.