The Rescue

Lacey's POV

Lacey's POV

2 weeks later

I'm sitting at a bar in some club named Inferno right now. Maybe if I keep drinking it will help the pain go away.

"You know I don't think drinking shots of vodka is going to help you with whatever problem you have." The bartender looks at the tiny glasses in front of me.

"Whatever I really don't care anymore." I lift one glass up and put it to my lips. Ugh alcohol tastes weird. It burns as it goes down my throat. But it helps me forget for the moment.

Jase's POV

'You never know what you have until it's gone.' I think as I drive home alone from football practice. I pull into my driveway and turn off my car. I see Lacey's driveway is empty. Duke is probably out with the guys because practice just ended and we would always go out to eat afterwards.

I miss that.

I miss them.

I miss...her.

My phone rings just as I put my hand on the car handle.

"Hello?" I ask confused. No one really calls me anymore.

"Hi Jasey!"

"Lace?" Why is she calling me?

"Yep. Hehe! You sound funny! Hey guess where I am."

"Are you drunk?"

"Hehe yep! Now guess!"

"Uh I dunno lace. How about you just tell me?"

"Why?" She teases.

I sigh, "Because I'm coming to get you."

"Oh! Are you gonna come dance with me?!"

"No lace. Sorry but I'm coming to take you home."

"Fine. I'm at this place with flames on the door. It's really cool!"

She's at the Inferno!

I start my car up and drive. It's not that far. Just about ten minutes down the street.

"Sooo are you sure you don't want to come dance?"

"I'm sure. I'm just coming to get you. So I can make your safe. Plus 2 weeks ago you told me you hated me."

"I don't hate you silly! I mean you made me mad and sad. You broke my heart into little tiny pieces but I don't think I could ever hate you. You're my best friend Jasey!"

She doesn't hate me? Yes!!

Wait she's drunk she probably won't remember even talking to me in the morning.