Sick?

Jase's POV

Jase's POV

11:02pm

I wake up to a dark room and an empty bed. I get up and look in the bathroom and closet for Lacey but she's not there. After looking in the kitchen and the living room I look in Ivy's room.

There Lacey is siting in a rocking chair holding a sleeping Ivy.

"Hey are you okay?" I whisper trying not to scare Lacey or wake up Ivy.

"Oh yeah. Ivy was crying and I wanted you to get some rest." She says while putting Ivy back in her crib.

"Thanks." She nods and grabs my hand, pulling me out the room and into the kitchen.

We both sit on the stools across from each other. She takes my hand and intertwines our fingers. She looks... bad. Not beauty wise, I mean she looks like she going to throw up or pass out.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I bring my non occupied hand up to her forehead which feels really hot.

"I... am fine." She takes a deep breath then nods slowly and says, "Yeah I'm fine."

Her hand shakes in mine as I run my thumb on the back of her hand.

"I really doubt that."

"I'm gonna get something to drink. And no before you ask I don't need help."

She let's go of my hand and stands up. I watch her shaking legs try to take a step to the sink. She finally gets to the sink and drinks her water then turns to me while leaning against the counter.

"Can we talk?" She has a determined look on her face.

"Of course. But can you sit down you have me scared at how fragile you look right now." She nods and slowly walks back to the stool.

"Okay so I feel... guilty." She says after taking a deep breath. I take note...she seems to be doing that a lot.

"About what princess?" She sits there for a second then shakes her head.

"Oh right. Well I-I.. think Hope should see Ivy."

"What? Why? She's the one who didn't want Ivy in the first place!" I shouldn't yell at her but it disgusts me that Hope could do something like this to a child. Not to mention her daughter.

I watch Lacey take two deep breaths and stare off into space with pain on her face.

"I-I know but I don't feel right pretending to be the mother of a child that has a living healthy mom nearby. I know Hope did all of this shit and messed up our lives but she was my best friend. And now that I think about it... I-I'm worried about her. She was just like me when it came to our dreams and future and I know for a fact that she would never ever want to give her child away. Not to mention her first child. I'm not saying we should let her see Ivy right now but later on Ivy has to know who her real mother is."