Remembering

Jase's POV

Jase's POV

It turns out that Lacey has amnesia. The doctor thinks her brain hasn't fully recovered and she has long term memory lost. She will remember everything that happened from senior year to college, but not her child years. He said something said or seen might bring her memory back though.

She still doesn't remember any of us and it's been a week. We all come by everyday and it's awkward because she's studying us. Like making sure we won't kill her or something.

"Can I ask some questions or something? The silence is killing me. It's funny because all the expressions on your faces everyday look like you want to kill me."

I called it! I know my best friend.

"What do you want to know?" I ask.

She looks over at me. We stare into each other's eyes. When she blinks finally I wink at her. She silently laughs to herself and blushes turning away from me.

"How about one on ones? You each come in the room by yourself and we get to know each other." We all agree.

"Who do you want to start?" Chasity asks.

She blushes and points at me. My parents and her mom laugh as our friends hoot and whistle. Which makes her blush even more. They leave and it's only me, Lacey, and Ivy, who is asleep in her crib.

"So what do you want to know princess?" Her monitor beeps as I smirk.

"Um what's your name?"

"Jase Rodreguiz"

"Why do you call me princess?"

"Because you are one to me. Plus I've always called you that."

She has a puzzled look on her face as she thinks about something.

"My dad gave me this necklace right?" She asks twirling the necklace around her fingers. I nod not knowing what to say. I mean she is supposed to have memory loss. But its something really special her dad gave her before he died.

"What else do you remember?"

"Um you. Lance. Hope. And me."

Wow. It must be coming back slowly.

"You know what happened?"

"I liked you. Hope came to our school. You liked Hope. I don't  know why..." I laugh.

Even when she's lost her memory she still remembers how horrible Hope is and manages to be funny.

"Lance came to our school. I liked Lance. Me and you were fighting with each other. I punched Hope for stealing my necklace. I got suspended for two weeks. I forgave you and found out Hope was pregnant. Prom night Hope talked to me. I left for college without telling you. You followed me and I yelled at you and told you to go home. I came home to apologize and be with you. Now here I am."

"Wow that's incredible that you can remember all of that."

"Yeah it's like coming back in like pieces. Once I put them together I understand. But a lot I don't. Jase what about all the rest of those people? I need to remember them too. I feel like they're all important but I can't remember."

She can't remember her own brother and mother. Damn that's bad!

"You will. It'll just take time." I see her eyes go to the crib and widen.

"Is that the baby?" She asks with excitement.

"Yeah you want to hold her."

"Can I?!"

"Of course princess." Beep. Beep.

"Stop doing that Jase."

"I'm sorry it's funny."

I take Ivy out or the crib and she wakes up. She smiles at me and says something in baby talk. I walk over to Lacey's hospital bed and put Ivy in Lacey's arms. The baby doesn't cry like when everyone else held her but instead giggles and tries to touch Lacey's face which has a long cut on the right side of her face from her chin over her cheek to under her eye. All the other cuts and bruises she had went away, except this one. I think it's gonna be a scar but I think it makes her look even more beautiful.

"Aww she's such a sweet baby! What's her name?"

"Ivy."

"Aw! Little Ivy Rodreguiz. You are so cute that I could just eat you up." She tosses Ivy in the air not high but low so she can catch her with the cast still on. Then she puts her on the bed between her legs and tickles Ivy. Ivy laughs.

I watch my two favorite girls together wondering what's going to happen in the future.

================================================================================================================================================================

How was that? Comment and tell me what you think! Love you guys! 😘