Unpredictable experiences

Lacey's POV

Lacey's POV

March 8th

Yesterday I remembered everything that happened my senior year of high school. It was such much pain, and hurt, and drama. I can't even keep up with it all.

I snap out of my thoughts when the door opens and in walks my mom and brother.

"Hi." I say sitting up on my hospital bed.

"Hey sis." The boy hugs me. "If you don't remember still I'm Duke your twin brother and that's our mom, Samantha. But our dad died."

"I know he died and I'm sorry I still don't really remember you guys. But we do look all look alike so I knew that I was related to you in some way."

"That's good honey." Samantha says and hugs me. "We actually came here for an important reason." She walks over to the door then opens it and turns off the light.

Everyone who always comes to see me is here plus Jase and Ivy. I think Jase's mom is holding a cake with a ton of candles on it.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Lacey. Happy birthday to you." They all sing.

I gasp in surprise. I don't even remember my own birthday. I timidly smile.

"Blow out your candles sweetie and make a wish." My mom says while she kisses my forehead.

I look at the cake and it says happy 20th birthday Lacey. I don't even remember 18 years of my life. I just remember my senior year and college year. Judging by where I am now...I would say my life before the accident was complicated.

I wish for my life now to be better than it was before I was in the car accident.

I close my eyes and blow out the candles. Everyone claps even Ivy. Aw she's so cute.

Two hours later everyone leaves except Jase and Ivy.

"J can I hold her?" I ask him.

"Of course." He sits her in my lap then sits beside me on my hospital bed.

"Hey Ivy." I say while bouncing her up and down on my lap. She giggles and claps her hands together.

Knock knock.

"Come in." I say.

The Doctor walks in, "Hello. Lacey is it okay if I talk to you in private?"

I nod at her then watch Jase get off the bed and put on his jacket. I put Ivy's jacket on her, kiss her cheek, then hand her to Jase. The doctor smiles as she watches me with Ivy and Jase.

"I'll go drop her off at my mom and dads then I'll be back." Jase kisses my forehead then leaves and I'm alone with the doctor.

She pulls up a chair and then sits beside me.