Game Day

I had to do it...Guess what day it is?

Guess what day it is?

Duke

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jase's POV

Friday

Me and the guys are standing by my car waiting for coach to tell us the game plan for tonight. After that, then we are allowed to leave and come back later on time. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Lacey walking down the steps.

I swear I'm pretty sure I started drooling.

She's wearing a red halter top, black leather skinny jeans, and combat boots with gold studs.

Damn! Why does she do this to me?! I mean we're just friends. We shouldn't have any feeling for each other.

My thoughts are interrupted by an electric shock going through my arm. I look over into brown eyes and see Lacey smiling at me, while her hand is on my arm.

Woah! That's weird!

"Hey are you okay J?" She smiles and I instantly smile back.

What is wrong with me? No girl's smile ever makes me want to smile.

"Yeah I'm fine."

"Well are you ready to kick Varsity's ass?!"

See this is the kind of girl I like. Loves watching scary movies, hanging out with my friends and the team, can cheer me up; plus she's kinda like one of the guys... sometimes.

Wait. Did I just describe Lace as the kind of girl I like?

"Hell yeah!"

"Great! Plus your team is way better than Lance's lemme just tell you that."

Five minutes later, coach shows up and talks to us about tonight and game plans. The guys leave and Lacey stays with me.

Turning to Lace while we both walk towards my car I say, "Hey I have to ask you something."