Horrible Football Practice

Jase's POV

Jase's POV

Coach's whistle blows and the team runs in the locker room to put on the football equipment. After suiting up, the team runs out and leaves me alone in the locker room. I finish putting on the equipment then turn around to see Duke, Luke, Wes, and Freddy. Duke smirks evilly and takes a step towards me. I step back into the row of lockers.

Now I know what your thinking.

What a wimp!

Uh no.

This is my best friend... Or ex best friends brother.

And my best guy friend. Never mind. Ex best guy friend now.

"Get ready for hell, Rodriguez." He pushes my shoulder into the locker and leaves the room. Wes and Freddy glare at me once then follow Duke without sparing a second glance at me. Luke and I are left alone. He's about to walk off but hesitates and turns around to look at me. He has a guilty look on his face. Out of him, Wes, and Freddy, me and Luke are really close. Were really close. Were.

"Sorry." He leaves me confused and frustrated.

I turn to the lockers and run my hands through my hair while taking deep breaths. I punch the locker and storm out to the football field. Once I'm out I hear a voice yelling.

"You idiots! What about my best friend?! She's the captain!" I turn to see Chasity talking to the cheerleading coach and the principal. "What do you mean Lacey is suspended for two weeks?!"

I try to see what the coach says but can't quite understand. I hear a little bit of the conversation though. Or on Chasity's part an argument.

"She's really talented and well trained. She is almost as good as Lacey and she will be on the team. She'll also be the captain since she was a captain at her old school."

Out of nowhere Hope comes walking up to the three and Chasity has a murder look on her face. The principal and cheerleading coach leave after five minutes and Chasity storms over to me.

Oh fuck!

Once she's in front of me she slaps me making my head swing to the side fast. Damn that hurt.

"I hope you and your bitch are very happy Jase. She is now the captain. She's taking Lacey's place. And when Lacey does come back she can't just start over and make her way back to the top. No! She's kicked off the team for violence. She's done." Chasity walks past me bumping my shoulder and hugs Wes tightly. I hear her small whimpers and sniffles as she starts to cry.

45 minutes later

I'm tackled to the hard wet ground as it rains once again. What is this the 30th time. I look up at my 'protectors' (blockers) Wes and Freddy.

"Oops our bad." They say with sarcasm.

They fist bump and leave me on the ground. Now I know why Luke said sorry. I groan in pain and stand up once again. Then I see the guy who's been tackling me the whole practice.

Duke.

After two more cruel hours of getting brutally pummeled into the ground I drive home. I step into the shower and the hot water relaxes my bruised body. I guess I deserved today.

Stepping out the bathroom wearing a towel on my waist, I hear a honk outside. Walking over to my window I see Lacey looking at something in my driveway. I look down to see Hope walking up to my door.

What is she doing here?

Lacey notices me and we look into each others eyes for what feels like eternity. I see pain, betrayal, hurt, and sadness in her eyes. She quickly blanks her face making it hard to read her emotions and shuts her curtain.

================================================================================

Yay!!!!! I finally got it done!!! Sorry it took forever guys!! Love you!! Maybe another chapter will be done by Friday!!! If not Saturday. 😘

 😘